I just dropped out of truck school, did I do the right thing?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Nighthawk268, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Real Deal

Real Deal Medium Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Saint George UT
    Let me tell you something son. Since you started this thread I just put $900.00 in my pocket. Do you think I am mad at that? You are the one that asked for advice on here and you have to take the good with the bad. I did notice you said you were only two weeks away from finishing school. I think there is more to this story than what we are getting. At first I felt bad for you when you said your trainer put his hands on you. Now I see that you are probably lucky to be alive. Most men would have dealt with that knucklehead immediately. All you did was complain about it. It seems that Sammy was right.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California

You sound like you have already made up your mind by the last sentence above....... In case I'm wrong:

look into going to a different school, (if you state where your located a few schools will be suggested I'm sure)

Understand that going OTR isn't ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY right after school (unless you go to a CDL MILL where you have to drive for them for a year to pay back schooling) but finding a local gig right out of school also isn't the easiest endeavor either.

IF YOU FOUND IT IN YOU TO SUCK IT UP FOR 1 YEAR (OTR) the opportunities for a GOOD local job:eek:pen up IMMENSELY.

Sacrifice a year now for your family, or ..........stay in your current situation.

OTR driving isn't for everyone, I myself am a local guy that has only gone OTR a few times and if it wasn't for the fact that I was hourly (Overtime at that) and had a nice hotel waiting for me, I don't think......no.... I KNEW I couldn't really be an OTR guy.

I can't stress enough 1 year OTR would benefit you immensely in the long run for you and the fam.

4. superpet39

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    How do you go to those things with no income though? :scratch:

5. superpet39

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California

Your original post sure didn't sound like you we're confident, as a matter of fact, didn't you ask for advice whether you did the right thing or not? .......and keep in mind, you were "only 2 weeks away" ;)

6. sharp.dressed.man

sharp.dressed.man Heavy Load Member

Dec 10, 2011
    IL
    Most of the programs that pay for driving school will also pay for other programs. I would advise you to see what programs they will pay for and try another trade. I wouldn't advise anyone to gamble on getting a CDL in the hopes that they will score a good local job or even a bad one.

As for how you and your wife want to raise your kids that's y'alls business, but I will say this: If it comes down to you sacrificing some time with your kids or you sacrificing their quality of life and security your comfort shouldn't even be a consideration. You chose to make them. You may also have to choose to do what needs doing. If you have to cause them to cry today for a more secure tomorrow then you do it. Kids can't see long term. Adults can.

Best of luck to you man.

7. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

i am not trying to start trouble...BUT i have never heard of a trial period...not saying it doesnt exist...BUT with ONLY 2 wks left....how you you still be in that trial period?????

superpet39 Thanks this.
  8. Nighthawk268

Nighthawk268 Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2013
    Because you know my personal life right?

This is getting quite off topic and ridiculous.

Anyway to request a lock would be appreciated.

9. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Just click the x on the top right corner of your browser.

You joined today, have fought with most people who responded to your situation and now that you get responses you don't want you're going to take you ball and go home anyway. Just sign out and be done.

10. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Hate to say this, but nighthawk , most of us have tried to give you options..we really have. But now it seems that if the options given to you aren't the ones that you want to hear...well you start making excuses about why you can't do this or that won't work. It's starting to sound like you really don't want to do too much but complain about the raw deal you got....bad trainers are a dime a dozen...if you want to drive for a living go to another school and learn, if not do something else...but remember lots of folks are willing to help...you must be willing to do your part too. ....things aren't looking quite like they did a few pages ago...might be time for the tough love......you were complaining about name calling a while ago , now you have resorted to doing it...disagree with a guy .,all you want...but let's be adult about it...

11. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Hoss7071...come on really ..if you dont agree with what i say..great thats your choise... But the crap your saying..lol...is just cheap ####...if u dont like what you read..go to another page....&**************************!thanks bro!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.