I know im a #######. But is there any hope to come back from this?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Capital504, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Capital504

Capital504 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2019
    Yea i figured that. Im still young so as ling as i got a job im good. I can wait 10 years for my own authority. Sucks but its all my own doing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Capital504

Jul 19, 2019

4. Capital504

Jul 19, 2019
    Thanks Captain Obvious

5. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    I bet Chinatown could help you out. I don't know how to post so he gets a notification on this post, but he's your man. If he can't find you a job nobody can.

6. Capital504

Jul 19, 2019
    I still was able to keep my job. Im talking about becoming an owner operator. Does it make any since for me ti buyva truck in the near future. Will i ever be able to get my own authority?

7. OldeSkool

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Oh. Sorry for my dimwittedness lol. Might be kind of tough. Some local jobs you don't need authority if you stay within 100 miles of home. Log trucks for example.
    I haul wood chips and run NR tags and don't need authority. If I go out of my 100 mile radius I have to have DOT number which is nothing to get.
    Farm tags also don't need authority if you could haul grain or possibly livestock.

8. Capital504

Jul 19, 2019
    Thanks man. Thats really encouraging...i know i made a big mistake but i learned my lesson. I love trucking and as long as I can keep making my money doing this that's good.

bzinger and Just passing by Thank this.
  9. OldeSkool

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Also local end dump haulers in Arkansas run K tags and don't need authority I'm fairly sure.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    No authority needed for instate exempt products, maybe even out of state, not sure.
    If you were charged with possession and didn't get a drug test, it will not go against your license, and I do not see how it would affect getting an authority.
    I would strongly suggest that if you plan to make a living trucking, you stay away from that stuff, you awere lucky this time, but luck will not last forever.
    If by chance someone runs over you and is killed, I don't care if you are legally parked, you will be tested and life ruined if tested positive.

Trucker61016, Capital504 and OldeSkool Thank this.
  11. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    What prevents the OP from getting their own authority?

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see anything that would prevent him.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.