I lied on my DOT physical and now I am worried.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by PLEASEHELPME, May 21, 2024.

1. PLEASEHELPME

PLEASEHELPME Bobtail Member

May 21, 2024
    So I made the choice to lie on my DOT physical. I lied about not having an over night stay in the hospital, even though I have and now I’m seriously second guessing it. How screwed am I? I haven’t technically finished the exam because I have a hearing exemption form that I have to get filled out and brought back to finish and get the DOT physical card. But after finding out that I could get 5 years in jail or a $250,000 fine, I’m seriously kicking myself in the ###. Since I didn’t finish the exam, could I possibly go somewhere different and get another DOT physical and actually tell the truth or since I finished the procedures there, am I already entered into the database. You ask why I lied? I have no idea. I just saw everyone talking about the DOT physical and saying lie and I did. I’m soo scared. This will not only affect me, but my wife and kids. Please for the love of God, someone help me.

Bud A. and austinmike Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I wouldn't worry about it. You have as much chance of getting that big fine or jail term as you do of winning the Powerball and Megamillions in the same week.

mitrucker, Sons Hero, Bud A. and 7 others Thank this.
  4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    What was the hospital stay for?

Bud A. and Grumppy Thank this.
  5. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    How did they find out?

6. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    You might be overreacting.

Sons Hero, Bud A., Speedy356 and 3 others Thank this.
  7. PLEASEHELPME

PLEASEHELPME Bobtail Member

May 21, 2024
    So it would be a bad idea to retake the test at another place? It’s not only the possibility of ruining my wife and kids life that’s got the fire under my ###, the guilt of lying is eating me alive. I’m not typically a liar, but I saw people saying to, so I did. But it’s not their fault, it’s my fault.

8. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I wouldn't worry about it. If they ever found out they'd just suspend your DOT Physical. That would disqualify you from driving, but it wouldn't affect your CDL. You'd just have to go get another DOT physical.
    I've never run into this situation before. Never heard of anyone else running into this issue so, I dont know if they would suspend it for 30 days or a year or something, but a fine or jail IMO is not ever likely to be an issue.
    I wonder if I ever forgot about my gallbladder removed on a federal form? Or a skin cancer removed or oral surgery to have a tooth pulled. I mean geez. It wasn't like you had Ben Carson remove half your brain..... was it?
    A simple surgical procedure for an over night stay in a hospital aint likely to be an issue. They're looking for serious stuff like Epilepsy or seizures etc. Something that would affect your ability to safely operate a CMV. Having your teeth pulled or a gall bladdder removed ain't gonna affect your ability to drive.

Just my 2 cents.....

9. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Just say you forgot. No big deal.

10. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    How would anyone know you were in a hospital unless you tell them.If you live in the US they can’t check if you have if a hospital gives out your personal information you just hit the jackpot.

Lav-25 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.