I live in kansas is there alot of loads my way

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Kansasboy, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    We went to the Birds Nest a couple months ago. Wasn't impressed; once you've seen the first hundred feet inside, it just repeats itself from then on. There was only a couple of stores open inside and the prices were reasonable though.
    The smog is terrible here right now; schools are closed because of it. My 4th grader has to stay home inside, so I get to see cartoons all day and get a headache.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Finding a company with lots of work near where you live is smart, sir. That's how I do 48 and still see plenty of hometime. I don't know TMC but if there is a terminal of a company near where you live then that's already a good sign

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    When are you coming back to the states?

5. Kansasboy

Kansasboy Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    We are back in the states now

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Probably be back in a couple of months for a short while, then return for a few months. We bought a nice home in Las Vegas and the wife is pressuring me to settle down and drop anchor in Las Vegas.

rachi Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Been back long? It's hard to settle down sometimes. Trucking is a good career for military veterans that have traveled a lot.

8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Kansas seems to be "truck through" state, like a "fly over" state. I think you'll end up going all over EXCEPT Kansas. I've seen TMC trucks all over. Without some kind of city delivery, it's pretty slim pickens. Also, I hope Chinatown can breathe. I heard they just issued another "red alert" for smog there. :sad6:

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    Being a TMC driver from the east. Any time I was in Kansas I would pull hay out to the east again to get me back home. There are a couple places around KC but I don't know how often they pull out of there. Call and see what they have to offer.

10. farmboy73

farmboy73 Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Knoxville, TN
  11. Kansasboy

Kansasboy Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Anyone know any info if i go through tmc driving school. No one around where i live accepts the gibill. Well there is actually one but its a fri night sat and sun class and take 14 weeks to complete. And i cant honestly see myself forking upfront money to go to school when i can use the gibill. Or have a company sponsor me for an extended period of time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.