I live on a no thru trucks road, and bringing my truck home.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by taxi2alpha, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    So you were delivering to an address on a no THRU trucks street and got a ticket? I find that unlikely.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    I have seen many upscale city neighborhoods and streets that have signs posted "No Trucks" at the entrances. Yet it seems like there is no problem for an eighteen wheeler moving van to go into the neighborhood when it is time to move in/out. Rules, interpretations, and enforcement seems to vary wildly from locality to locality.

Siinman Thanks this.
  4. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    No I was going to drop my truck off as I just rented a place to park the truck in that area. Call me a lier if you like and not believe me. I honestly don't care one way or the other. But saying it is ok to drive in that area to another may get them a ticket just like I got. I went to court and talked to the prosecutor and got it dropped down to a non moving ticket. Explained I had just rented a spot on Main Street down the road and he let me off with a fine.

InTooDeep, D.Tibbitt and wis bang Thank this.
  5. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    First off.
    Do you live inside the boundaries of an incorporated CITY? Then go to city hall and get an answer from the town officials.
    If you live in an unincorporated part of the county, then go to the county courthouse and seek an answer.
    There are millions of jurisdictions in the US and their laws can be interpreted quite differently.
    Go to the horse's mouth and get the correct answer to your question.

6. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Now you are saying something different. You said that street. Now you are saying area. Two big differences.

So your parking was in the area. NOT on the no THRU trucks street. Which is why you got a ticket.

There's a reciever with a similar set up. A small cut through street is no thru trucks. You have to turn right and go out the "truck" way. Because going straight takes you into a high traffic shopping area by a target.

You're not a liar. Just not being accurate or clear. Because on the street and in the area. Are very different things.

7. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Not sure how it works in Ohio but here in New Jersey there’s plenty of no truck or 4 ton roads that big trucks use. Cops only really care that you got some business being there and that you know your way in and out safely. Road to my house you gotta take a 4 ton road and I never had an issue. Just make sure you don’t have another trucker ruining it for you by leaving a mess forcing the town to prohibit truck parking around your area.

8. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    You go through the no thru street (Main Street) to get to the address I park on (Main Street) if you go that way from the interstate it is a ticket. I park 2 blocks from that area. You have to go on a back route to get to that area, If you go in that area that says no thru trucks you will get a ticket like I said. You are more than welcome to try and make it. Just get off on I470/I49S and go down Main Street and see if you get a ticket.

9. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010

TEQ is on Main St in Huntley IL. There are no "thru trucks" on Main between IL 47 and Dundee RD. The legal way in is to take Randall Road to Dundee Road then make a left and go past the "no thru trucks" sign. If you come in from IL 47, you will be issued a citation.

Attached Files:

Siinman Thanks this.
  10. Wasted Thyme

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    So exactly what I said. There's a right way to go and he went the wrong way.

Just because he went "thru." Rather than the correct way. Which is not what the op is doing.

11. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    OP Said he will be parking at home and it is on a no thru road. So if he goes into the no thru road he may or may not
    get a ticket depending on his state or city cops.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.