I m still trying to figure this one out. Driver forgot to turn on reefer.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bigkev1115, Dec 9, 2018.

1. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Numbers without comparison are deceptive.

Mercer’s rate of inspection is MUCH higher than Prime. Yet they still fall below the national average.

Disregard the fatalities. Count those tow away events. Almost 9% for Prime, and about 5% for Mercer. Any of which could have resulted in a fatality. Fault isn’t assigned in those numbers. Even though we all know that trucks are not the leading cause of most accidents.

Unless you can show a complete picture, all the numbers in the world are useless. Even mine.

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine

And the end result?!?!?!

Welcome to the nature of trucking.
    Get used to it. You're surrounded by idiots ALL DAY LONG. And you work with them too! *shocked expression!*

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  4. Scoot 1971

Scoot 1971 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2018
    Think about this clown driver next time you're dining on some hopefully temperature kept food!

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  5. KillingTime

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Eating that E-coli soaked TA buffet.... and that's just from the driver's that don't even think about touching water after wiping their ###!... Mmmmm.... Still hungry? It's on me, bud.

JonJon78, Hammer166, Coover and 3 others Thank this.
  6. Scoot 1971

Nov 22, 2018
    Do you really eat at the buffet?That's almost as disgusting as a public bathroom door handle.

7. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Sounds like driver is poised for high level management position
    Anytime live loading driver should be aware of temperature requirements.
    Half the time staff don’t make instructions clear as to temperature requirements, other times driver negligence
    I see it all the time. My favourite was dock staff told to keep live lobsters cold so new guy threw dry ice in bins. Management did not make instructions clear :rolleyes:

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I appreciate your case, however I present a objection to the sleeping part.

I am a deaf man and reefers come across low on the bass end of sound. I feel them more than I hear em. Particularly after I left the screamers from the 60's behind. The new ones hummed to me. Sometimes roared.

HOWEVER, in any state I may be in, sleep, dead to the world or wide awake, any deviation from ordinary taken by the reefer instantly has my full and undivided attention. All it has to do is squeal or cough and that's it for sleeping until I am assured at the reefer shop in some city somewhre that shes running well or fixed.

dwells40 and Scoot 1971 Thank this.
  9. Scoot 1971

Nov 22, 2018
    I am a very deep sleeper and am hard to wake. But as a reefer hauler, don't we all check that display when we first get up?

10. KillingTime

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    The buffet ladel on your soup is the bathroom door handle.

This guy who was busted, and had the load rejected - is safer to the public than the buffet. He, at least, was being monitored by someone somewhere (and the babysitting was justified). But last I knew the TA didn't have a hand-wash enforcer and a fresh towel & mint-hander-outer in the restroom.... I'd chuckle in witnessing an ###-whooping if someone stepped out the stall and walked right past the sink. That's me. I find people and their habits, generally, disgusting and unsanitary.

dwells40 and Scoot 1971 Thank this.
  11. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Wow..
    Akin to not securing a flatbed load or not tarping a keep dry load.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.