I m still trying to figure this one out. Driver forgot to turn on reefer.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bigkev1115, Dec 9, 2018.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What’s to ask?

He hauls product that must be kept cold. Stands to reason the operation of the refrigeration unit must be foremost in one’s mind, especially the specific requirements of a given load. That idiot deserves to get the boot for stupidity alone. :cool:

MachoCyclone, x1Heavy and Hammer166 Thank this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Maybe this driver has only been in a road vehicle twice before getting his CDL, and that was back in Somalia and riding in the trunk? How is he supposed to now how to conjure the witches that keep the trailer cold while he drives?

5. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018

I see you need to thump your chest and blow gas out your ### also. LOL
    I know what was he supposed to do and so does everyone else.
    The fact that the OP posted it is in question. We all know what should have been done.
    So the question is why did the OP make the post???
    The only thing I can think of is so people like you can bash the "unknown guy" and say how stupid he is. And that he should be fired 8 ways from sunday. It must make you feel superior to do so when I already knew that and didn't need to say it. And by making it known on the internet doesn't change or fix the fact that it has happened.
    Now you might try and argue that maybe it will stop it from being done in the future but it won't and you will get the chance to make yourself feel bigger, better, smarter by degrading, bash, and call someone an idiot in the future. LOL

superflow Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Well, it would stand to reason the stupid driver dumping coils down the interstate in Houston these days more than one if I am correct, would be the equivalent of reefer screw up that really should have gotten icebox driver fired. I had a reefer fail on me in Grand Junction sitting on about oh... 7000 dollars in mexican greens, I don't even know what it was but it sure looked pretty tasty when it went into the tiny Mexican Food Store in South Central Denver after the reefer was fixed at the dealer west of denver in the early pre-sunrise. It was 50 degrees and raining pretty much until Eisenhower, Vail and one other. Then it became about 40 and foggy until Denver, it was back to 55 as the sun rose.

Since the load was itself Cash on Delivery, there cannot be anything the matter with that stuff. I think it was about 1500 dollars delivered to my hands which went straight to dispatcher in East denver. If you were going to ask me about north denver, there isnt any.

7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Hey, Driver! Are you fed up with the limitations of your flatbed? Tired of running steel out to the west coast and having no way back? GP Industries has just the solution: Refrigerated Flatbed Tarps! That's right, now you can haul ice cream from Vermont to San Diego! (All we require is that you have one fast MF'ing truck, because you're gonna need it to get that ice cream there before it melts.) But if you get to the consignee and they don't want to accept the load, screw them--just roll up the tarp, bust a fast U-turn and drop it right in their driveway. You'll be amused and your dispatcher will be amazed when he realizes you actually got this done. Refrigerated Flatbed Tarps, only from GP Industries--because if there's one thing Gearjammin' Penguins know, it's how to keep things cold!

;)

8. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Does the tarp come with a chute to keep the air circulating?

motocross25 and Hammer166 Thank this.
  9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I can’t wait to try these, I’ve tried your GP brand tanker load locks and love em! Take my money!!

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  10. LDYTRUCKER

LDYTRUCKER Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Anniston, AL
    I want to cry everytime I am told to pull an empty reefer. I know there's a slight chance I could get a load that requires me to turn it on.

I've never had to, yet. I just know that I'm so used to pulling reefers for dry van loads that I could easily forget to make sure it is on.

Woe is the day I get a reefer load.

motocross25 Thanks this.
  11. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    You’d think that he would at least go to see what the fuel level was at when he took that drive from MN to CA. You fill up the truck with fuel, right?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.