i may be ignorant on this issue, but need to know.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by catdog45, Oct 13, 2019.

1. catdog45

catdog45 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2018
    they had some serious sensors in their trucks with the dashcam, red light comes on and you know your getting a point. yuck.

Btw, I would never turn around on an interstate I would use the next exit ramps.

Coffey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    I’d second Magnum

Living out on Oak Island might be a bigger obstacle than the uturns when finding a job. A lot of Megas won’t hire that Far East in NC

Try Tidewater Transit ....it is tanker co though.... they have a terminal in Kinston

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    catdog45 Thanks this.
  4. catdog45

Oct 9, 2018
    well, didn't want to bring it up, but what about leasing? From a mega company of course? is that also a w-2 employee or a 1099 employee? or just a contract?

5. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    I pull spread axles so I've never done a U turn. Too hard on the trailer...yes it's my trailer. I saw a Western Express flatbed do a U-turn through the crossover on I-81 once. He did it like a pro. Probably not his first interstate U-turn. Also saw a door slammer do a U-turn at a truck stop once that was so tight I swear his trailer tires were turning backwards. I noticed his bunk fairings were banged up. Probably just a coincidence.

Anyway, if the OP has 3 yrs experience without wrecking something I can't imagine they fired him for U-turns without a warning.

catdog45 Thanks this.
  6. catdog45

Oct 9, 2018
    i turn around all the time at the customers when I get there early like Wal-Mart lets you. That's why I didn't think it was such an awful thing. anyways....

7. catdog45

Oct 9, 2018

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  8. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Sometimes there are no 'parking lot's.

catdog45 Thanks this.
  9. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    How do these baby sitting companies get anyone to work for them? Hard braking gets you points? LOL...

Someone must be monitoring the cameras to catch you doing a U-turn...

Soon as they tell me in orientation anything about Cameras or point system would be the end for me... I'd quit before I even turn a mile with them.

10. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    I see dudes in mega carrier trucks bust unturns all the time in truck stop parking lots. Wgaf?

Ive had to do a uturn on a state highway before as well. Im not going 6mi up to turn around to come 6mi back.

Almost 3 years with CR England? They wanted the OP out of that truck so they could stick a couple .35cpm ding dongs in it.

11. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    But there's no shortage of streets to go around the block either. Unless you're in san Francisco.

In my city is a flying j. Just off the freeway. Freeway ramps were reconstructed. Now there's a concrete strip in front of the j exit. Used to be able to go left to the freeway. Not anymore. Now it's right. Down 100 feet. And uturn. On a very busy street with 2 lanes each direction. It's just a matter of time now before one of you get ran into by a car.

NavigatorWife, starmac and catdog45 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.