I need a company to give me a chance

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by PipingHam, Jul 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipingHam

PipingHam Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2022
    Starkville, MS
    #1 i cannot do. Temporary yes, but they have already been rescued and are all i have so i cant/wont get rid of them. Would you get rid of your kids? Thats what they are to me.

# 2 absolutely going to check all of these places out, apply to them all and will follow these two gentleman for sure.
    I will keep this thread up to date for sure!

Thanks, i will apply to them as well!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    On Facebook there is a group called "Trucking Fur Babies" that has good information. We were going to take our two cats with us till the wife decided trucking wasn't for her. It can be done. And it can be done cleanly. If you can't do it cleanly please don't subject your cats to your filth. But if you can, then enjoy.

5. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    This eerily sounds like my experience… except I’m still with kllm… I’ve got 2 cats, one is with me, the other with sister. I love my cats, but they live so long; what I really want to get is another bear. At some point, I’ll also need to find company that allows two too; Crete/Schaffer are on my short list.

6. PipingHam

PipingHam Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2022
    Starkville, MS
    short list as in??

been filling out applications to the suggested companies today and then some. I am pretty much trying to fill any out that i come across that dont have any recent experience requirements. Thanks again y’all. Ill keep this thread updated when i start to hear back from some of them after the holiday.

happy early Independence Day!

7. Nachos89149

Nachos89149 Bobtail Member

Jun 24, 2022
    Thank you for being a good cat owner. Putting them before your self is a incredible thing to do and shows what a great person you are. I sincerely wish you a truck where you and your two cats will be happy. Don't give up

8. PipingHam

PipingHam Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2022
    Starkville, MS
    Update:

Today my phone blew up. So many calls and emails. Unfortunately the question of “best time to call” on the applications is pretty much useless, so my phone was vibrating like crazy all day at work, lol, but at least i was getting calls!
    I was able to get ahold of two of the companies that called today when i got home from work. One was a no go due to my cats, but i was talking to the owner and he said i should be able to find someone with a pet policy to take me in, and that if i didnt have them i would definitely be eligible to get on with them, which was encouraging.
    The second was pretty promising sounding. Free pet policy and i could technically have a whole litter of cats if i wanted. Two days of paid orientation, about two weeks of training then i test out to go solo. They said i could come on at anytime and luckily they are here in Mississippi. The pay isnt great i guess by todays standards, but if i get the miles in it will be way more than i am currently making here at my 9-5 factory job and WAY more than i made at the mega i started at. I was honest with the recruiter and told him i had a lot of phone calls to make and companies to talk to before i made my decision. So i am going to keep calling/emailing and filling out applications and will keep this updated.
    Thanks again for all of the replies and suggestions.

9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    How much experience ya got? What about Gulf Coast Relay or John Fayard? Both are down towards the bottom of Mississippi. I'd look in Memphis and try Empire Express. They have a training program. Try Wright Transportation too

PipingHam Thanks this.
  10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    On a side note, I can't understand why companies take dogs but say no to cats. It's like animal discrimination or something. I've seen drivers with massive dogs in the cab and I wonder how that works sometimes. Not all these trucks have a ton of space. At least cats are smaller so the lack of space, so they cam find their corner and sleep all day lol

PipingHam Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.