I need a re-power asap!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by SheepDog, Mar 10, 2015.

1. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    On the handgun thing , what if you called or found out where a local police station was that you could secure the weapon with, would this be a bad idea?

SheepDog Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    That was covered already. The base will not allow him passage, as he already is banned for a security violation.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  4. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    That sucks man. You should have hid that sucker better, like needing a screw driver to get to it. I was only checking if it was LS as that would make a repower fairly easy with any LS truck. There are a bunch of drayage companies in JAX and Brunswick. I would try to find one of them.

rollin coal and SheepDog Thank this.
  5. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    We broke down once and the towing company had day cabs and made our 3 stop delivery for us. Charged us hourly

SheepDog Thanks this.
  6. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    OK,,,I should have called the local police and asked them to hold it for me,,I am sure they would have done that but, never even crossed my mind. I was told about a storage place down I-95 at exit 1 and I looked for it. No, I didn't park my truck and walk up and down the hwy to find it, I drove to where the soldier told me it was and even checked at exit 3. The people I talked to at the Pilot, where the soldier said it was, told me there is nothing off exit 1 except the Pilot and the Wilco. When your a Combat Vet with two tours and 8 years of service,,you just don't look at things the way a civilian does. Yes, I am a civilian but I will never look at things as a civilian does again. That being said, is what got me in trouble. I just don't fee I am a threat to anyone, unless they try to harm me so, my mentality is that of an innocent man, and one that feels he has a little more clout on a Military Instillation than a civilian, kind of a foggy thinking yes, I know. I hope some of the other Veteran's can chime in and explain it better than I did.

At any rate,,,I found a driver whose truck is broke down until tomorrow. I flat bedder with 40 years of experience. He was glad to do it and make $300 since he wasn't doing anything all day anyway. He got it done in 3 hrs and my truck and trailer are fine...lol

rickybobby, blanco, baha and 10 others Thank this.
  7. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    Any luck SheepDog? Sorry to say, but I only knew 1 person in the south (and a bit far), but he just got out of hospital for cardiac surgery.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  8. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Man,,going to try this for the 3rd time... Having all kinds of problems this week, now my APU is giving me an error while running the AC, been working fine all day and last two days. grrrrrrr

Anyway, I found a driver that was willing to take my truck and trailer to the Navel Base and deliver the load. His truck is down until tomorrow and he seemed like a good person so, he got it done in 3 hrs for $300.00 I am now empty and can find another load to start making money again. This year has sucked for freight and the rates suck as well.

Answering and/or commenting on some of the above posts; I could have lied about the questions I was asked regarding the firearm but, I can't do that so, I didn't. Hiding it in the truck did not make any difference regarding my Integrity. As a Combat Vet with two tours under my belt and 8 years of service, I just don't look at laws, rules and regulations like a regular civilian does. Sure, I am a civilian now but will always be a soldier inside and still keep my skills up, although my physical shape is down more than I would like it but, I digress... I don't see myself as a threat to anyone wearing a uniform and because of my background kind of see myself with a little more clout than a civilian has. Sure, that is not the way to look at it, the Military doesn't look at that way, for the most part. Again, I feel I was treated better than fair, more than a civilian trying to bring a firearm on the base would have been treated anyway. I realize the rules that are in place hell, I used to enforce them but again, I see myself on their side...lol I know, funny right. Well, I hope some of the other vets chime in and can give some better insight to my thinking that I just did.

I appreciate everyone's input and attempted help,,,this thread did just what I had hoped it would... God Bless

albert l, KW Cajun, jess-juju and 7 others Thank this.
  9. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Glad you got it delivered. Been watching this thread since you posted it hoping you'd find a solution. LOL

If we were closer, I would have sent the hubby down to help you.

SheepDog and KW Cajun Thank this.
  10. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    If that's the case, what the heck were you thinking trying to bring a firearm on a sub base? Of course they are going to ask you as part of the inspection process. If you're not going to lie about it occasionally, don't carry a weapon or take loads to military bases, airports or ports. Integrity has nothing to do with it. You risked getting locked up and losing the ability to even touch a firearm again, much less defend yourself if the need arises, over some feel good rule that doesn't work. BTW, There are other ways to get around this as well such as dropping it off at a gunshop for a cleaning and inspection or mailing it to yourself at home. Thankfully you got the matter resolved

SheepDog Thanks this.
  11. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I understand that. My question would be for anyone else in the future that might be put in a predicament where they can not enter a Base or Companywith a weapon.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.