I need advice on Car Haulers please.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by shandera, Mar 25, 2009.

1. shandera

shandera Enchantress of the Mystical

Sep 18, 2007
    California
    I'm about ready to have my truck shipped from the San Francisco Bay Area to Wynne Arkansas and I would appreciate any advice on what company to look at, who to stay away from and what I might expect. I'm looking to spend about $1200.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. junkyardhound

junkyardhound Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    lost in space
    Check dependable auto shippers,I haul cars but a friend needed his car moved I was unable to,I told him to call das he did and was happy w/ service.There are plenty of carhaulers out here so be careful,make sure you pin them down on delivery date.

4. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

I'll drive it out there for you for that price.:yes2557:

5. Scales19

Scales19 Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Madison,WI
    Junk?

You don't by chance work for or know anybody that works for reliable do you?

I used to work in NASCAR for a team driving the hauler but with all the downsizing and they went to a 12 race schedule which meant 12 race pay i had to get out so I thought running cars would be a good transition since I know the trailers and lift gates and securement and all that jaz, just wondering what ya know

6. allnite

allnite Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2009
    cedar bluff,al.
    North Alabama has dozens of car haulers from which to choose.Albertville,Al.in particular has many as well.perhaps you can google it(north alabama transporters or similiar) and go from there.
    good luck.

7. sw1241

sw1241 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    No company recomendatons, but GOOGLE auto transportation and then get a bunch of quotes and make sure they show insurance, transport times, pickup and delivery estimates, then for $1200 bucks you drive it there and fly back, just my opinion

8. allnite

allnite Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2009
    cedar bluff,al.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding as i was not advocating any particular company.I could think of no other way for her to google auto transportation out of alabama.

9. junkyardhound

junkyardhound Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    lost in space
    Scales19 ,most relaible drivers I know are O/O ,try horseless carriage they do highend enclosed,dont know if they are hiring right now though.

10. Scales19

Scales19 Bobtail Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Madison,WI
    thanks, wouldn't be opposed to buying a truck either but we'll see what happens

11. shandera

shandera Enchantress of the Mystical

Sep 18, 2007
    California
    Thanks everyone but we've changed out minds once again!!

Last count was: Boys 2
    Girls......a big fat ZIP!!!

So now my boyfriend {ex-truckerman} and a friend are flying out and going to load a u-haul with what few things we left behind. My truck will then get loaded on a trailer behind the u-haul. Not my hairbrained idea at all....lol.......mostly because I DON'T GET TO GO.......boo hoo hiss hiss!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.