I need I anti eld forum.

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Oldironfan, Jul 3, 2018.

1. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Making it to some arbitrary point is not the complete job. To be complete you have to make it safely and legally.

Work smarter not harder. The laws and regs are what they are. Use them to your advantage, and charge accordingly.

MBAngel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    You are most likely working for some 2 bit outfit dragged kicking and screaming into the modern era.

Hauling the kind of freight you're describing probably a couple broker defaults away from closing up shop. They can not afford to pay for all the advantages of modern technology would be my guess.

4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Please just stop repeating the same mindless jargon.

Oxbow and Timin770 Thank this.
  5. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    The truth does not change.

But hey keep working chasing pennies, and blaming a log book for your short falls. You'll flame out soon enough and add to the stats about driver turnover.

It is what we keep trying to patiently explain. There is no driver shortage, there is a shortage of people that will put up with the multitude of problems you keep posting.

MBAngel and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    Correct. I think I will be out of trucking in about a month.

7. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    If you're dealing with a broker, have them email you the pickup and delivery information along with contact phone numbers.

If you're on elog, then don't bother to put the state mileage on the envelope. If the company says something about it, just say 'ok'. If they keep pushing it, just tell them that if they're willing to pay you extra to do the admin work, then you'll do it. Otherwise, no.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  8. Oldironfan

May 22, 2017
    I was told by the company to do it. I was thinking it's for IFTA. And they just store the elog files.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  9. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    When I was a company driver, I just ignored a lot of the unpaid admin busy work that I was asked to do. Especially since the Qualcomm already did that work for me and them. Every so often, dispatch would ask why I wasn't doing it, and I told them that I wasn't going to do extra work for free unless it made my job easier, and reminded them that they had people in the office that could do that work.

Keep in mind that there were times that I'd do things like limp to a tire shop instead of sit and wait on road service. Or hook to a drop trailer with a broken landing gear cross tube, then crawl under it with a pair of pliers and raise the right side gear manually so I could get moving again, and bring the trailer back to the company shop so they wouldn't have to foot the bill for a field repair. Those things didn't go unnoticed, and may be part of the reason that I got a pass on telling them to shove the unpaid busy work...

06driver and Oldironfan Thank this.
  10. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    I don’t think those words should even be used together in the same sentence.

Modern technology has brought us such great improvements as EGR, DPF, DEF, as well as a slew of sensors, wiring, circuit boards, and other garbage that can and do regularly leave a good truck and driver sitting on the side of the road.

11. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    While this is true there are plenty of techs that are good improvements. Routing software that simplifies ifta reporting for example. Inn can printers for permits/rate cons/etc

ShooterK2 and Oldironfan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.