I need I anti eld forum.

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Oldironfan, Jul 3, 2018.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    But the caribou, Shooter, the caribou!!!

ShooterK2 and SAR Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Yes and now people talking about getting consent from a baby.... to change it's diaper! This modern age seems to be for those who like being guided.....

4. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Hey feel free to hook up 40 mules and get good rain slicker.

Man it is beyond funny to watch people bemoan technology as they type on it.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Company drivers don't get to choose.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  6. MBAngel

MBAngel Medium Load Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Tucson, Arizona
    And without elogs, you'd STILL be over hours... Then you'd have to throw your calculator or something... Rather than blame it on what really deserves the blame. Was it the dispatcher, who has no clue about the shipper and receiver times and directions? Was it the hos? Is it pc rules? Or is it the fault of the guy who has to get to and from the end points and should be trip planning better? Why do we have to blame the #### device that saves time and money by doing the math for us?

Oldironfan and 06driver Thank this.
  7. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    People often blame everything but their decisions.

Saves looking in the mirror ;)

ZVar and MBAngel Thank this.

8. You sound like you don't sit at the lunch counter, and own a map book.

It's a shame the young bucks coming into the industry, won't listen to us. It doesn't matter if we draw in crayons or type on a screen. We have learned the old addage "Time management"

You New guy's and I say NEW I don't care if ya have 5yrs under your belt. You have got to learn about the clock. Any driver worth his salt has a list of shippers/receivers who are a waste of time. They will kill anyone's clock. They feel above the Law, they will never care till we stop going into them. I understand if your a Company Ride you will get a load or multiple loads from that clock sucker. Say something the college kid doing dispatch will not know unless you say something.
    If your able to get your 2 yrs yes I said 2 yrs under your belt. Shop around for a better job and better customers to serve. Big box is just that a huge box full of nothing. They don't care, they don't pay.
    Learn from what we tell you. We are not dinosaurs who won't grab the modern age. We understand time killers and what will or will not work. So when we tell you keep a map book, or CALL like @windsmith said. Do some footwork before you blindly drive off to do a job.

And for God's Sake this is not highschool or the Beach. Stop wearing Sport shorts and flip flops outside the truck.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    nax, windsmith, SAR and 4 others Thank this.
  9. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    ^^^^ THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUTH ^^^^

I am pretty new to OTR... But I'm not some kid that's still crapping green, and wet behind the ears. Yes I'm far younger than the old timers... But I have been told once or twice that I have Wisdom beyond my years.

I call shippers and receivers ahead of time... Especially if its some place that ive never been too. Just this morning I called a shipper that is new to me cause I'm not going to make it when I was scheduled... They said "no problem... If you show up in the middle of the night call the number on the gate and we will come let you in"... This shipper has now been added to my list of VERY GOOD shippers.

I have a GPS and I do use it... But I also have a Motor Carriers Atlas that I use as well... More often than not I will modify the route the GPS gives me by inputting waypoints so it will still give me turn by turn directions on the route THAT I WANT TO GO. But I still don't follow it blindly... I have pulled over several times when something didn't look right, so I could double check maps or call for directions... Sometimes I continue as planned, other times I reroute a different way... GPS is nice, but I DO NOT depend on it or need it.

peterbilt_2005 and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Please wait.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  11. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Well, since YOU said MODERN TECHNOLOGY, I thought we were talking the latest truck technology. This device I’m typing on is not connected to, nor has anything to do with my truck.

Of course you’ll disagree, but as far as I’m concerned, the last of the decent truck technology was implemented in the early 2000’s, before the EGR motors.

Full mechanical engines were even better. Wasn’t much ya couldn’t fix in the field back then.

Nowadays the trucks are 1000 pounds heavier, cost 10k-15k more to buy new, require DEF to be added on a regular basis, and will break down multiple times costing the owner thousands in repairs over the life of the truck, when compared to the life of an older truck, say 1.5 million miles. And most things emissions-related can’t be fixed on the side of the road. Has to have a computer and a parts changer..... I mean “tech.”

This does not include any tow bills, loads being late, lost wages, etc.

There are still pre-EGR motors running around that haven’t ever been into. I’m talking 1.5 to 2 million miles on them and all they’ve had done is routine maintenance. Still working every day.

I’ll end my bemoaning now.

Oldironfan, SAR, shogun and 1 other person Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.