I need to drive from Texas to Maine, in a 4 wheeler. Are there any problems driving thru states?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by rogue-wave, Apr 9, 2020.

1. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    It is such a relief knowing when one has overcome the virus and finally become immune.

Just being able to touch my own face again seems like such a privilege now.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. longhaultransport

longhaultransport Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    West Central, Florida
    Many thousands of people have already had the virus and had no symptoms. Could be millions at this point.

Wide spread antibody tests will determine the extent of herd immunity.

A vaccination is probably a year or more out, and by then there won't be a need for it.

Besides you can't get people to get a flu shot, and that kills more people each year than this virus will.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  4. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    We've always been unfriendly, it just wasnt as noticeable ;)

But in all seriousness, I live in Maine and understand a lot of the natives discomfort with "outsiders" coming in.

We are a very rural state, with a pop of 1.3 million spread out all over. Theres a total of 180 ICU beds and around 300 ventilators to go around. At least 20% of our population is 65+, which is exceptionally vulnerable to the 'rona. Now really isn't the time to come here.

*also skip RI altogether, it's out of the way.
    Just do 40(to TN)-81(to PA)-78(to NJ)-287(To NY)-95(Through CT)-91(CT)-84(CT)-90-495-95

Only tolls are the GMCB (old Tappanzee), MA TPK, NH and ME.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  5. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Just drive at night with no lights.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  6. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

FL is doing it just to quarantine people coming from New Orleans & New York City.

7. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    Heck, I live in upstate NY and lots of us would like to see roadblocks on NY-17, I-81 and I-87, to keep the city residents from spreading it up here any more. They've been scattering up here like roaches, from downstate, from metro NJ, trying to outdrive the virus. We've got the same situation as the state of Maine, on a slightly larger scale. Lots of counties have only a handful of ventilators and/or ICU beds available, aging populations, and considerably more rural real estate than anybody really associates with NY (except truck drivers passing through).

wis bang and Cat sdp Thank this.
  8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Your not gonna get a warm welcome in Maine with Texas plates ......

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  9. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    If Big Pharma has its way, you or someone you know will be forced to get a Covid-19 flu shot. With the help of Congressional lackies who are in bed with Big Pharma it will become mandated in several ways.

10. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    A fan of Robert F Kennedy, I see.

spindrift Thanks this.
  11. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    Reading the fine print to the PA order, we are free to recreate in our home areas using social disease, er. distance. It was recommended to stay within 30 to 45 minutes of home and specifically asked residents with camps on State Forest lease sites [a few thousand of 'em] to stay home.

The Poconos are really angry from the fleeing Metro neighbors filling rentals [lot's around right now] and/or moving in with transplanted relatives with one county leading the state in cases, second to Philadelphia and Montgomery. The also are griping about the Philadelphia 'summer' people coming up and partying all weekend...

Don't blame any of them. I'm avoiding my camp until turkey season [starts may 2nd] and will avoid contact. The two novice hunters that usually join me will not be invited. Drive up Friday night after work and dinner, crash till 4 am, hunt till noon and then pack up and drive home...

I am considered essential and drive into NJ every morning. The tide of PA plates crossing the Delaware every morning is less but not bothered [a good number of the NJ state workers live in PA] and it is surreal. My normal hectic commute is gone and I go 15 miles up route one without a red light [caught only 2 in the past two weeks] plus I spend a good 2/3 rds. of my day inside my truck and everyone in the office is wearing some form of PPE and the company is expanding their requirements as more and more PPE becomes available.

I wish I had the giant hand sanitizer bottle sitting up at the cabin.......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.