I need to wire a radio to a 2010 freightliner cascadia plz help

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by LANDERTON, Dec 22, 2013.

1. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    In the group of radio wires you should have a total of 12. 12v+ battery, 12v+ key switch, 12v+ lights, ground and 8 + and - speaker (RF,RR,LF,LR) Identify the 4 with a test light or volt meter. For speakers, take a AA or AAA battery and touch a speaker wire to either end and go through the remaining 7 wires, touching opposite end of battery until 1 of the 4 speakers make a popping sound. You have found 1 of the 4 speakers. Repeat until you have found all 4. The speaker phase (+ or -) does not really matter unless you are installing custom sounds (amplifiers, woofers, tweeters etc.) Follow this chart. HarnessColors.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Koren

Koren Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Thanks a lot! Will do that!

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Anyone know which adapter to buy for my 2000 Classic? I hate to cut harness

5. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Same ones that were mentioned already in this thread

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. silvereagle1

silvereagle1 Bobtail Member

Trying to use factory radio which don’t have rca outputs to install a amp on my 2016 Cascadia nothing is color coded all cream colored everything is numbered instead on the wires what I need to know which side is ground and which is positive I’m guessing top row is positive and second row is ground but I’m guessing I don’t for sure anyone have a idea

7. QUALITYTRUCK

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    Easier,cheaper and better sound quality to go with new radio with rca outputs. (1) you would need to purchase a low level line converter, which is about same cost as decent head unit. (2) factory radio does not have remote amp turn on wire, aftermarket will. (3) aftermarket would have to use wire adapter and chart listed above, which makes it easy for you to identify all wires that you would have to use for amp.

8. Koren

Koren Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2018
    Agree 100%, not even mentioning sound quality difference.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.