I own a truck, but no one is financing me a reefer trailer.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by John quinton, Sep 12, 2015.

1. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Even leasing companies won't help you? Usually they're pretty easy especially if you have some down payment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. John quinton

John quinton Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    You know people have been showing a lot of attitude for reefers. I sent them my rent statements and other statements. I got this one deal for a reefer; it was 50 percent down and 59 interest for 30 months! :mad:
    The place where I am renting a reefer are being jerks because they know I am good for a lease, but they rather not give it me because they're making money on rent and they know that no other place will give me trailer. BTW credit is bad because of credit inquiries by dealers. I am trying to improve it.

NURSE1 and truckon Thank this.
  4. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Rental prices are crazy everywhere I guess. I just called a company about renting a stepdeck up here in Canada. I own a flat but was thinking of grabbing a step to hopefully stay busy this winter. But I was thinking of renting the first winter to try it out before buying one. Their selling price on a 2008 Wilson was $35,000 CAD (which is high anyway) but their rental price was $2500 a month!!! I just about laughed in their face.

5. Captain Canuck

Captain Canuck "Captain of the Ship"

Apr 7, 2007
    Woodstock, NB, Canada
    I must have been born lucky or something. I am leasing a brand new Utility reefer with full Smartway package for $1600/month including the maintenance contract. And that's in Canadian dollars, which as we all now, ain't worth a whole helluva lot right now.

6. John quinton

Jul 25, 2015
    Yeah rent is crazy and $2500 seriously that's crazy. I don't know what they think that owner operators are super rich or something man. Trucking has so many expenses.

7. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    That sucks that they show a hit to your credit everytime they check it. Before I bought my trailer, I talked to a few leasing companies and they only did soft checks (i think thats what they call it) where it didnt show on my credit report as a request for credit. Just an inquiry.

8. John quinton

Jul 25, 2015
    Yeah that's like $1200 USD not bad.

NURSE1 Thanks this.
  9. skman

skman Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Saskatchewan
    Thats a pretty sweet deal alright! I shoulda went reefer....except that I don't know jack-#### about hauling reefer. I'd be outta business in 6 months paying for loads of spoiled strawberries lol

10. John quinton

Jul 25, 2015
    Yeah I should requested the same. With me it's hard hit because they send it to multiple lenders. I had around 625 credit before the hard hits. My problem was I started shopping around and each dealership made me fill out a new app and ran my credit. Rookie me!

11. John quinton

Jul 25, 2015
    It's not that hard. They have youtube videos that help out. The thing is always being consistent. I am lucky that I have shipper loads, but I have to wait 30-60 days to get paid :( I used factoring but that was beginning to get to expensive

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.