I Plead To The Masses

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Truckin Juggalo, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    This is a simple short post..

HOW HARD IS IT FOR YOU TO BACK OFF THE THROTTLE FOR 30 SECONDS AND LET SOMEONE PASS YOU...

This is Especially a problem from what i have been Victim of with Owner Operators, They can go what ever speed they want i can only do 68 and when i try and pass they either do not let out or they Speed up i get back behind them and they slow down again..

PLEASE LEARN TO SWALLOW YOUR PRIDE AND JUST LET THEM PASS!!

Its not going to cost you any lost time or miles

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. basscase_2000

basscase_2000 Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2005
    Also let's add this. When starting a hill, you know you are heavy, don't grab the hammer lane and try to pass in a low power truck. You will slowdown, get side by side with me, and I am not going to back out of it because you decided to pull a stupid move. Your company pays your fuel, drop a gear and drop back. I pay for my fuel, and will not drop a gear and burn more fuel because you were an idiot. If you don't belong in the hammer on the flats, what makes you think you belong there on a mountain climb.

4. Smurf

Smurf Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Arky Saw
    If what I read what the trucker paper said a few weeks ago. That petition that 6 companys signed to get all trucks to have limiters set to 65mph. Gonna be alot tougher to pass. God help us if that happens.

5. Boilermaker

Boilermaker Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    Truckin Juggalo,
    Your 68mph truck will never be able to catch me, but if you ever get an ungoverned truck and start to pass I'll let you by!:occasion5: Just don't pass me and then slam on your brakes to take an exit.:angryfire:
    Julie
    :smt059

6. wallbanger

wallbanger "Enemy of showers everywhere"

Life can suck in a governed truck...

Nothing worse than the world's slowest dragrace, werner vs covenant , with JB wishing he had a faster truck...

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    AJ call two governed trucks involved in passing a rolling roadblock:toothy7:.

back street slider and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Good post. Lots of immature drivers out here, like children who always have to be in front or first in line and whose sensitive feelings are hurt when someone else gets in front.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Yep.

I had time to spare and did 64 to my destination. I let several trucks speed along and backed off. Still pissed the pumpkin truck didn't thank me tho.

10. Woodchuck88

Woodchuck88 Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2017
    New York
    90% of the time you’ll still get the finger or the look even for letting them pass.

11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    You are the one that chooses to jump out and block the lane and everyone behind you. Are you that more important than everyone behind you? And somehow you think it's the person you are passing that is the problem?

OK.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.