I really like Knight Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by RoaringDown55, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Outinc

Outinc Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Douglas, Az
    Correct, Knight will tell you to ONLY add water and then to get through a shop for repairs or coolant. They do not like buying anything out on the road. Knight is not cheap in keeping their trucks stocked with supplies. They will give you oil, fuses, filters, ect to carry.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mademistakesb4

mademistakesb4 Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    they are just garage all the way around

4. tstom

tstom Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Cincinnati, OH
    Layover pay appears to be 48$ dollars per day. I sat for three and a half days. Got payed 96$. That's better than nothing.

5. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan
    something is always better than nother.. I get naaadaaa for sitting around:(

6. bigdad1215

bigdad1215 Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Ontario, NY
    Yeah, I think I got forty eight dollars for layover pay.
    Hey, does anyone work out of the Vegas Terminal. Just transfered from the Syracuse Terminal. Like to hear any input about Vegas.

7. Outinc

Outinc Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Douglas, Az
    It's totally dead on the west coast. Run one day and sit for two. Layover IS $48 per 24 hours. You will get it only as good as your DM is. In other words if your DM doesn't care or do his job, or don't make do as he is supposed to do, will not be paid right. This is not a job only at Knght but everywhere. It's thoughout American industry.

What I do is tell them over and over and over again the amount of layover I'm due and do not stop until I get a P.O. for that amount. When I say over and over, I mean every hour the same day. It's sort of like teaching a dog, over time they learn to just do it correctly the first.

Knight is so slow out here on the west coast right now that I'm taking a layoff and taking a month or two off. By the lack of trucks on the road, along with all the trucks I see sitting in the truck stops it appears to be an industry wide lack of freight.

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I worked out of the Denver Terminal when Vegas first opened up. This was several years ago, when freight was very plentiful.

Those a-holes in Vegas would screw up any driver that was unfortunate enough to land in their area. I actually quit the company because of the way these jerk offs treated me. I really don't know if it was intentional, or just gross incompetence. But either way, it cost me money any time I ran a load into Las Vegas.

With freight the way it is now, I really shudder to think how they are running things there. . .:biggrin_2552:

9. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

You are correct!

Knight runs things too tight and under-staffed that even competent ppl perform incompetently!!

Dispatch right now must be a driver's Knightmare...:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

10. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    It depends on the shop. I needed to replace a taillight on my tractor and was told at one shop that tailights and mudflaps don't get replaced on tractors.

Needless to say, the next shop gave me one.

11. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    You wouldn't believe the stuff I have had happen to me lately. Inbetween CSR messing up and not updating information in the system, I have to deal with a dispatcher that can not figure out where I am with my Qualcomm working in my truck.

A driver should never hear "Uh, did you like work yesterday or not?" from a DM.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.