I stay in Texas Would it affect my license if im one day late renewing my medical card

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Potosino, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Potosino

Potosino Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2018
    I stay in Texas Would it affect my license if im one day late renewing my medical card?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. maggard359

maggard359 Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Florida
    Your CDL is invalid when your medical card expires. You can drive a car but not a commercial vehicle.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I don't know, but I can not believe they don't have some sort of "grace period" that would probably go out 15 or more days before anything gets turned off. And I suspect you'd get a "Notice" in the mail shortly before they proceeded to any drastic measures.

Potosino Thanks this.
  5. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    dotphysicaldoctor.com/tx/

Keep Your Medical Card Current With Texas Department of Public Safety
    Drivers are required to keep a current medical variance or medical examiners certificate on file with DPS, and failure to do so will result in the downgrade of the individual’s CDL.

You must provide a copy of each new DOT medical card to the Department prior to the expiration of the current DOT medical card.

To prevent your commercial driver license from being downgraded, you will need to send a copy of your new DOT medical certificate to the Department within 15 days of the DOT medical certificate issuance date.

You may submit your new medical certificate by mail, fax, or email, as described above.

6. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    This is such an important item to your lively hood why would you even think of cutting it close? Start a minimum of 60 days out to get in compliance. There is no reason not to.

7. Potosino

Potosino Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2018
    I was out of town bro thats why...Would it be a problem tho?..

8. Potosino

Potosino Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2018
    But ima get it renew tomorrow frist thing god..Would it down grade my license if im one day late?

9. maggard359

maggard359 Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Florida
    Absolutely. An expired medical card means you are unqualified to drive a commercial vehicle. I do believe you have a one year grace period to get it done and not have to retake the tests. If you get your physical in the morning do the self certification and send it to DMV and nothing else will be needed on your part. You do not wanna get stopped driving that truck with an expired medical card.

10. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    YES an expired med card means automatically downgraded license
    When you get your new card it won't matter until it is matched to your license by the state and according to our safety director some states have taken up to two weeks to get it done in their system

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.