I think I may have messed up!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by nickto21, Apr 17, 2024.

1. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    I’m thinking that it has a lot to do with the freight market being so slow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    It’s the three year break. They’re viewing him as someone who has never driven before even though reality with him having six years of experience the minute he gets back in that driver seat. It’s just like riding a bike. He will have all the cobwebs removed in a couple days and it’s all back to normal. But for whatever reason they don’t see it that way. if you’re out more than a year or so, they consider you completely green like you’ve never driven before which is nonsense to me. I’ve theorized it’s part of the industries, “wink wink” from allowing drivers to rotate in annd out of this line of work. Keep you trapped in it. That’s just a theory. Lol.

201, tlalokay and FloridaRetired Thank this.
  4. nickto21

nickto21 Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    seattle
    Both Stevens and May said no thanks. It's down to cr england and western express now.

5. nickto21

nickto21 Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    seattle
    No one will hire me. CDL A virtually worthless to me. Today is one of the worst days of my life. Absolutely everyone said no.

6. FloridaRetired

FloridaRetired Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2024
    Keep trying. The hell with the Megas.There's no future working for them anyways. Try small, local companies. Try individual owner operators that have a few trucks. Maybe next week will be better?

7. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Try Blinksy out of Yakima. They’re a pretty decent outfit from what I’ve heard and seen.

8. Willy Wonty

Willy Wonty Light Load Member

Feb 3, 2020
    PNW, almost Canada
    Yeah, you don't need a mega. There are lots of companies with a few trucks here in WA. The bonus for me was dealing with an actual owner and not some office twerp.
    Don't give up, man! If I could get a good gig after doing SAP you surely will find one too.

9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I agree, apparently, there's a glut of drivers ready to go, and no time for refresher courses. The other thing, is if they are going strictly off the internet, what I'd do, is walk into these places IN PERSON,,I know, not used to that, but it puts them in a different category than an internet blip. Who knows, in person, you may remind them of Cousin Joey, and be trailer trucking that very day.

Lennythedriver Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Driver Pulse by Tenstreet
    500+ carriers & over 1 million drivers trust us. . (.) Welcome to. Driver Pulse " Helping you to manage your driver career" Click ‘ Next ' to connect to your account, manage your profile …

Stonehjl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.