I think I may have messed up!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by nickto21, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Roehl Relaunch Program creates driving jobs
    ~
    Roehl Transport has announced a new program to add 300 truck driving jobs that will help CDL-A holders who stepped away from their commercial driving career for other non-driving employment. The Roehl Relaunch Program™ is open to former truck drivers who may have left trucking for positions in construction, manufacturing, retail and other industries as well as current drivers in local trucking jobs who may not be getting the income they need.

4. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    That’s some good advice. And often overlooked. Midsize, smaller, and even some of the bigger trucking companies are still one of the few where you can just walk in shake a few hands and introduce yourself and of course you’re gonna stick out in peoples minds when you do that. you’ll have to go home and apply online because that’s the way. Everything is these days but at least they will have met you. They’ll be looking for your application. There are very few industries left that you can still do this.

silverspur and 201 Thank this.
  5. Wargames

Wargames Captain Crusty

Jul 22, 2010
    WI.
    SO!!!! what did you do wrong????

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Did you apply to those 3 companies at the airport?
    Posts #7, 8, 9.
    Swissport
    Gate Gourmet
    LSG Sky Chefs

7. nickto21

nickto21 Light Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    seattle
    Ok. The local stuff is a no go. I don't have a vehicle. I'm not in roehls hiring area. Ashley already said no
    When I left in 2021, it was a couple weeks after an accident. A car sideswiped me, then skidded off the road. My truck cameras showed I was 100 percent not at fault. I remained centered in my lane, even when getting crashed into.
    I wasn't even cited.
    I talked to the insurance investigator. She said there were 5 people in the other car. They had just got the car, no insurance. They kept asking the insurance lady who was going to pay for there car, even though they were at fault. I guess the grandmother had a history of scamming vehicle insurance companies. She convinced the rest to claim injuries, even though it's fraud. This wasn't a big accident. My truck was barely damaged.
    So, I think what's happening is companies are pulling up an accident report, seeing that it says 5 injured, and using that to reject employment.
    Even though it's not true.
    Not sure what to do about that.
    I'm assuming this is the reason for rejections. Up until that accident, I didn't even have a speeding ticket.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Craigslist and Facebook both have trucker pages with jobs available. I'm sure you can find something on those.

9. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Man, that's certainly a crummy deal, obviously, the accident was a scam, and they picked you. Insurance scams against trucks are at an all time high. With lawyers posting big settlements, any lowlife can finally make out big. It's one reason I got out of trucking, because I had several close calls, and not a matter of if, but when. I still say, forget the internet, and talk to these people. You, and they might be surprised.

10. thelinedriver

thelinedriver Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Aren't they the ones that goes to Alaska? I'm gonna do that run one day....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.