I think I'm being BRUSHED OFF by a Knight /Squire Recruter....

Discussion in 'Knight' started by AZ_Equine, Oct 14, 2012.

1. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Now it's Straight Line Backing, Off Set Backing and Paralell Parking Blind Side. Then a pre determined road course.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Makes more sense, as the slaloming between cones going backwards was a matter of memorizing when to cut the wheels and just basically a 'trick!' But what you call 'Off set Backing' is equivalent to backing into the dock which is a 'taste' of what's ahead for them...

4. OverDrive

I just did a Google Earth and it looks as if Squire is 'west' of the main bldg where the old Total Warehouse/Great Southwest trucking co was.

S Q U I R E Training

[​IMG]

Whole Knight Facility in Phx:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  5. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Too your concerns of Knight's expense to train, the Fed Gov is subsidizing these companies for bringing new blood into the industry. Knight likely ends up with a tidy profit by training.

6. GypseeWind

GypseeWind Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Hello again AZ_Esquire ... I tried to respond to your PM, thinking that maybe I could since you wrote to me ... but the system won't let me ... I have to post at least 7 times in order for the PM feature to be available to me .... This is post number two.

@ tirednaz ... thanks for the recap ... what you said, is also what I have read and understand from reading on the Knight website. I too, am starting out .... and from what I've researched, Knight seems like a place I would like to start. But like AZ_Esquire, I was told they are trying to hire more female trainers.

In response to someone who said that you can 'request' a male trainer .... I was told by the recruiter that "company policy" is male/male ... and female/female ....

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their input. Also, any tips on passing my test for my permit would be greatly appreciated. Like practice tests available, etc.

7. OverDrive

NOW, that sounds more like the Knight that I know!

I know that the Govt was carte blanching vets at one time with no payback loans (GI Bill), but is Affirmative Action aiding females in general also?

8. AZ_Equine

AZ_Equine Light Load Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Small Town Arizona

Read the manual over and over till you feel very familiar with it. When you find yourself saying "I already know this"..
    Take notes, re write the notes, study the notes.

And take the online practice tests over till you get 100% right-

And then when you do take the test - don't be in a hurry- read each question carefully
    and if you are the slightest bit unsure SKIP IT-- You MAY get 80% before you even
    get back to those questions-- the test ends automatically when you reach 80% correct.

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/cdl-practice-tests/

http://www.truckingtruth.com/cdl-test/cdl-test-general-knowledgeA.html

http://www.joincrst.com/sample_tests.php

This was the best one in my opinion as many questions
    were very similar if not identical to the actual test..

http://truckercountry.com/cdl-practice-tests.html

9. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Yes you are correct it is West of the main building. Sorry for the incorrect info.

Yes they are curently looking for more woman trainers as well as men.

10. GypseeWind

GypseeWind Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2012
  11. OverDrive

Last I heard OTR trucking was about 10% female, much higher than when I started in 1998 of just a couple of %. Would think that more female trainers are now available..

BTW, thx for all the info....I've been away from the industry for awhile

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.