I think Knight screwed me again! u tell me.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by truckerdave1970, Feb 25, 2010.

1. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Back a few mlonths ago, while driving for Knight, While backing under a trailer, I hit a knee-high post and damaged the pass. Side fairing in front of the fuel tank. There was no one else inviolved, no ticket, no vehicle towed away, and no injuries so this was NOT A DOT REPORTABLE accident, right? (Knight did not even repair the damage!)
    So why did Knight report on my DAC that I had an accident???
    They were no pics taken of the damage, no police report, and no bill for fixing the damage. The only reason they even know anything happened is b/c I did the right thing and turned myself n! (I won't make that mistake again!) So I am thinking if they can't prove the accident happened, then it didn't happen! Right?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I would say, if you did not put it in writing to them. It's your word against theirs. Happens everyday in court.

4. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. You did have an accident. It was your fault. Reported to DOT or the police is beside the point. You damaged a truck. If you had not reported it to the company and it had been spotted by a mech or some one else then it would have been even worse. They put on your DAC that you had an accident because you did.

knighton5 Thanks this.
  5. truckerdave1970

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I never wrote up a report or even signed one! They took my story over the phone, made me take a NON-DOT drug test (per company policy) and it was NEVER discussed again! I think I need to fight this!

JustSonny Thanks this.
  6. truckerdave1970

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I think the definition of "accident" needs to be explained! If they said "incident", I would be ok with that.

7. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    You did the right thing by reporting it, versus not reporting it. Remember-you did have an accident and did damage and you were sent for a pee test. Take the loss and be more careful next time. Imagine how much worse it would have been if you didn't say anything. Your DAC would say much worse. These things happen on a daily basis with every company, you will be fine.

8. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    So how did they screw you? You had an accident, and admitted as much to them. Of course it's gonna go on your DAC. I'm not seeing where you got screwed.

9. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Accident: Truck or trailer hits or is hit by any thing else. Movable or fixed object. Be it drivers fault or not. Regardless of amount of damage done.

You hit a fixed object and did damage to the truck. That makes it a driver fault, preventable accident. G.O.A.L You then did the right thing and reported it. Had you failed to report it and it was discovered at a latter date. You would have been fired for not reporting it and that would look really bad on your DAC.

You do not need to sign anything, They don't need to fix anything. It happened. You did it, Now except it and move on.

10. BIG RIGGER

BIG RIGGER Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Fargo,ND.
    "never fess up to anything if there are not any witnesses"Confucius

11. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I was told that Knight does not report anything under $XXXX amount.

I guess Knight lied to me as well on that. :(

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.