I wanna start trucking

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by TruckDriverG, Nov 3, 2019.

1. TruckDriverG

TruckDriverG Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2018
    I’m looking to start my career in trucking, but I have a lot of questions and some concerns.

1) I’d like to know if going through a company paid program is a good choice or paying out of pocket?

2) What are some of the best companies to get started with?

3) Is having an accident on my driving record from almost 3 years ago going to be an issue?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joshlilou

joshlilou Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2017
    Wisconsin
    Disclaimer: You don’t need to believe and follow all that I put since Im not an Oracle.

Best idea?, first start by read others related threads and you’ll get better information, speaking short and in my own experience

1) Better get your CDL from a place where you pay for it (school or any other institution) and don’t need the free training and certification from any company. Why? There is more wrong end than nice ones for that movie where a given company give you the CDL

2) @Chinatown have the finest advice to that, also you need have clear, where, what and how you want to do trucking in order to get the best answer.

3) It lay in what kind of accident and the causes & results of it (fatalities, prohibited substances, reckless or health condition involved). Personally I don’t believe that just one accident have determination but it’s my opinion against company safety gang. Good luck and keep it between lines.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Company insurance will check you against a pre-defined yes no list.

Accident with fatal in the last three years? No. Accident scraping a post? 3 years ago? Sure yer hired. DONT do it again.

Or any accident rather. I once took out 15000 dollars in chained outside store inventory because the entire situation was a royal screw up and our rig got trapped. So I gambled. And lost. The company saw our value and took care of it privately to keep us going. (FFE) The store boss yelled bloody murder, but once we explained to him his failure and that of his staff to manage the traffic around our rig in the first place made him sorry. We had to come back the next day and this time he detailed ten store staff to block off the cars so we could get in deliver and get out. Like it should have happened in the first place.

15000 is quite a loss. Enough to be fired on. If you already had a history of accidents etc. Preventable? Certainly.

That turned out to be my last breaking stuff with a big rig. But there would be many nearmisses. For example two people ran across our highway in rush hour. One got across. I almost killed the other under my wheels. It was very close. About oh 14 months ago. (Gawrsh, has it been that long already?)

Oh yes accidents and tickets etc. Some of them have the power to make you unable to continue OTR with your CDL.

Just keep in mind that if you joined a dump truck outfit locally near home who does not care about your history you are good to keep on trucking.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Cemak Trucking is local to you and hires with only a cdl-a permit.
    CEMAK Trucking
    https://cemaktrucking.careerplug.com/account
    CEMAK Trucking is a large trucking company that transports rock and sand, powder, and aggregates to different ready mixed plants throughout California.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.