I want out

Discussion in 'CR England' started by Lekwid, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    Long story short had a cdl a 5 years ago and quit due to daughter being born. Only drove a month then. Let my cdl lapse so came to england to get it back. Breezed thru the 17 day course yay got my cdl a again(well waiting for hard copy in mail)

Out right now doing my 180 running hard may have to take a 34 reset Wednesday at 52 hours driving. Sweet the faster the better. After I finish my 180 I want to get the hell away from cre. My trainer has 9 months experience and I'm his first student. From day one been running as team. Oh well let's get this 180 over with. I drive better than him, second day he brushes rear of trailer against concrete barrier on tight turn that he shouldn't have made. Today he jack knifes trailer trying to back and breaks off one of the rear fenders smh. Jokes that I don't let him train lol

Did California to pa and tomorrow start back to SLC. What companies can I call to gtfo of cre after I do my 180. Don't care about oweing money. Pay gonna be #### and I'm not down with the force teaming for 5 months with another student. I value my life. Also I can't stand these freight liners preferably a company with Pete's kenworths even Volvo. Who allow invertors apu etc. Help lol

dog-c Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    And for the love of god 62 mph governed sucksssss. I get passed by every company execept going up a grade empty I pass then 3 min later the truck that was lugging up that I passed blows by me smh. #### cre I want out

4. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Most on this forum will say u need a year exp.

Most will also say....'why did you choose CRE in the first place?'

Ratting out your trainer is irrelevant at this point.

Make a phone call to the Mega's and see what they say

5. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    Gonna try celedon werner and swift ewww anything but here

6. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I would say shoot over to Schneider and do your 6 months so you qualify for the choice lease program.

From what I see right now the Schneider Choice program is the best company ran lease with the best paying miles out there.

TexasBoy and freightwipper Thank this.
  7. Lekwid

Lekwid Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New Castle, DE
    Exactly what I wanted to do in a year. Gonna call them also

8. Smoking_Joe

Smoking_Joe Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Check with Crete Carrier. They have a terminal in SLC. Tell them 37143 referred you.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  9. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    9 months and still breaking things? Poor sob

10. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Don't take this the wrong way, because I don't know your situation.

If you're already in the mindset that where you're looking at is bad, you'll be just as unhappy there as you are at CRE.

Now the real difference between these companies is minuscule. The pay at CRE is definitely not great, but nor is it anything to get excited about at any of the Megas your first year. You have to put your time in, and thinking the whole time that you're the best student, or the best driver out of the team they assign you is a recipe for failure. It will take an already difficult situation and make it worse. You've done things that made the other guy/gal nervous or downright terrified yourself I'm sure. The biggest thing to know is that an absolutely fractional portion of Rookie drivers ever actually 'wreck'. Bump and jumps are common, smacking into empty racks, hitting those little yellow parking lot things and stuff like that. But the likelihood that one of you will injure the other or actually wreck the truck is tiny.

My advice is try to get along with the teammate you have. (If you can't at least get along with them you will never be able to sleep behind them.) My friend used to hit the rumble strip, hard brake, and grind gears all nite long. But I got along with him and we joked about it. I used to have a bad habit of staying to long in the fuel lanes, he joked about that. We each had our little 'accidents' and 'near misses' on bumping into crap but we laughed it off because stuff happens. We didn't constantly judge each other and we were able to team together.

I'm not saying it's ideal, but I am saying that you aren't as good as you think you are so cut the guy some slack. If you can help him with something he's struggling on do it. The silent judgement is for children, and there is no room for children in this industry. If he won't take your help, he's being a child and the above counts for him. Call in and say that you want a new teammate. Don't demand it, and don't be rude. Key words in my experience are "Don't Feel Safe" "Can't Sleep". Those will get teammates shuffled, send it in on the Qualcomm before you call in and say it. If your fleet manager won't work with you, call safety. It's a safety issue and the safety department at EVERY company takes it seriously, even if dispatch does not.

Barring all of that I'd say get in 6 months before you try to hop ship, it will stop you from hopping from a bad situation into another one (and losing 2-3+ weeks pay on the deal). After you get 6 months with CRE, start looking into someone else if you want, I suggest:

Con-Way Truckload <- Inverters, Sirius Radio free in all trucks, pets, riders

Schneider <- Lots of opportunities to learn different trucking and good pay, also one of the good guys

Danny Herman Trucking <- Good company to work for, my friend is happy as a lamb

Or if there are smaller outfits closer to your home you could give them a call.

The biggest myth I ran in to trucking is that it's better somewhere else. People dogmouth every company, those are the guys that couldn't find water in a lake. It's better when you make it better in your mind. The only real good paying OTR jobs require dedication and experience. The places to acquire that dedication and experience are unimportant because they are only stepping stones. If you put in 30 years at Walmart after driving for Swift for 3 years, is that 3 years at Swift really such a big deal? 10% of your driving career in order to have 90% of a career that is both rewarding and genuinely better. I want every driver to be successful in what they do, but promoting the idea that you can't make ends meet at any one company is ridiculous because you can. Put yourself in the mind set that you're doing your job and making money and the stress you've put on your own shoulders by thinking the company is bad will lighten and things will get easier.

MM3Deg, Mackel, Vilhiem and 6 others Thank this.
  11. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    And if you follow this advice, you be seeing unicorns and rainbows very shortly. There are companies that are better, there are even starter companies that are better the cre. What it comes down to is finding the right company that works for you. Just like there are drivers that love cre and claim the make the best money and have the best time, there are drivers who cre isn't right for them. Now cre if one of the worst training companies of the road. They even have tried to get the government to exempt them from having a licensed driver in the truck with a permit holder claiming it's because there is such a shortage of drivers they can't get drivers trained fast enough and it would be better to have 2 permit only drivers in the truck learning then waiting for a licensed driver to be available.

The bull crud about the likely hood of your trainer getting in an accident while you're in back is very small is bs. It is right around the 8-14 month mark of a new driver's career that the highest percentage of accidents happen because they get over confident and ####y with there abilities.

I would say if you're going to SLC, call Prime and have them come rescue you from the terminal. You have your cdl, so all you'll need to do is the 30,000 miles with a trainer before you upgrade to a lead seat solo driver and the pay during that part is way better then cre, guaranteed $700 a week while availed for dispatch and then when you're solo, ¢43/mile.

Naptown and TexasBoy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.