I want to be far away from home....

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Kix, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KGDAKID30

KGDAKID30 Bobtail Member

Go to College Kix....you'll get out, get an education, meet some cool people, take road trips, and maybe study abroad. Driving is a LIFESTYLE, dont get it twisted.

simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Kix, this IS, definitely, a life-style.

I's not fun, it's not games, you don't see much but the back-side of industrial parks, warehouses, bad neighborhoods, and truck stops.

You say you are tired of the hum-drum of farming, seeing the same old thing?

The only difference is that instead of rows of produce, corn, cotton, etc.
    You get the aggravation of endless tail lights, dangerous 4-wheelers, mile after mile of white lines, LA traffic, at ANY hour, miles-long back-ups from accidents, grumpy and/or inept dispatchers and load planners, brokers who could care LESS about YOU, an employer who cares ONLY about the product YOU have to get there on time, and countless other DAILY, weekly, monotonous same-old....

This life is NOT "glamorous", and often times, it is, as I said...same-old...day after day.

It has to be a PASSION for you....otherwise, YOU WILL NOT LIKE IT.

Good luck to ya, kiddo!

Judi Kay

RonS666 and Owner's Operator Thank this.
  4. RonS666

RonS666 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Gainesville Ga
    Good post SimplyRed. I'm a newb but usually I know what I want and my expectations are realistic.

I'm anxious to get started, but I have no visions of blue sky, green fields and open road with no traffic lol.

But I have to admit, I want to do this job very badly.

5. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    why not join the military and go to college.. u can get away from home and bang hot college chicks for the next 4 years while learning and earning a degree worth way more than a CDL and also get a commission as an officer.

Dr Demented Thanks this.
  6. RonS666

RonS666 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Gainesville Ga
    Ah to be young again! What are my chances at 53 do you think lol? Of course I never got the degree part down right. My bad.

7. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    well you could always build a hot tub time-machine.. :biggrin_2559:

Dr Demented Thanks this.
  8. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    :biggrin_255: Now your talking!! On the serious side,what RumRunner said about joining the military is a great idea.You'll see the entire world, instead of grocery warehouses, distribution centers, and wal mart supercenters. Plus if you are hell bent on driving, you can obtain the CDL while in the service...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.