I want to get into truck driving.

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by AK357, May 18, 2016.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Quick Facts About Western Dairy Transport
    •Innovative, in-transit load tracking and delivery monitoring technologies
    •Serves customers with over 1,000 trucks
    •17 locations throughout the Western United States

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AK357

AK357 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2016
    thank you all for your help and this information. seems like Western Dairy would be a good company to work for you are a rookie driver

4. sdsurfer77

sdsurfer77 Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2016

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Texas is a incredible state, enough trucking to go around to be it's own Country to be honest.

Don't settle on one or two outfits just yet. Take the time to visit a big truckstop such as the Flying J and talk to a variety of truckers about their work. A few minutes with them over a coffee and meal outweighs anything a Recruiter can say.

Someone posted about food grade tanker. To me that's very attractive. Especially if you can get loads of cream or similar high dollar hauls. The last load of cream I pulled was valued roughly 80K dollars and the reciever was quite happy to see me.

Ennis Texas has a large shipper for Flatbedding. Shingles I think. I cannot remember.

Conroe north of Houston along the Katy Railroad and such would have all kinds of freight.

Houston and similar areas would have pipe for flatbedding. I spent 6 solid months running Pipe from Houston to Jacksonville Fla and then reloading chain, cable and similar products for Houston. Back and forth so on.

The money was enough to make a life in which all things are possible with such a long series of high paying regular loadings both ways from there. whoo hoo hoo!!!! KACHING!

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    OH GOD NOT TEXAS LOL.

With a handle like AK357 your not gonna snap when you get real mad at your dispatcher are you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.