I was denied from a job because of my job hopping.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Brown Moose, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Hazmat tanker and $600-$900 a week.
    Wow can't get any worse than that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigSean416

BigSean416 Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2023
    I've been applying at a local company I worked at before(I left them on very good terms and I am marked as rehirable on DAC)and they can't even be bothered to send me an AI generated rejection email even though they claim to be "urgently hiring" on Indeed for my old job every few weeks. So yeah I guess it's pretty rough right now trying to find new jobs.

77fib77 and bryan21384 Thank this.
  4. ThatGasDude

ThatGasDude Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2023

You just need any job, not a perfect job. Staying out 4 weeks even in the market you should be making $1800 a week. Any OTR comapny would love to have you.

Tanker isn't some magical gig where the money just falls from the sky. So I would take anything that pays decent.

Bud A. and 77fib77 Thank this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Are you limited only to taking tanker jobs? There are endless possibilities in which you can take home more money

77fib77 and ThatGasDude Thank this.
  6. Brown Moose

Brown Moose Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2023
    Alabama
    I'm just in a tough spot, because If I stay I'm stuck with this low paying company. If I move to another company after 7 months. I'm classified as a "job hopper" by other companies. I just don't want it to effect me anymore when its time for me to find a local job.

austinmike and 77fib77 Thank this.
  7. Brown Moose

Jul 17, 2023
    Alabama
    I'm not limiting myself to only tanker jobs, but a lot of local jobs such as fuel hauling are only hiring people who have 1+yrs of tanker experience. I just don't want to limit myself if that one local job pops up and I wont be able to apply because I only have less than 1yr of tank experience. Even though I have 2.5yrs of driving experience with a clean MVR.

What do you suggest? Only thing I wont do is flat bed work. I have dry van and tank experience so far.

austinmike Thanks this.
  8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I liked your idea about going to Oakley or Indian River, because they are food grade. Anything involving food, you'll always be able to make money. I'd also consider reefer jobs. I've done dry van, flatbed, and reefer in my time. I made the most money with reefer. I've made pretty steady money through my time in trucking, but reefer has been my bread and better to see the most consistent money year round. You could try Foodliner, doesn't Ruan have a tanker division too? I gotta ask one of my friends but I think he looked at Foodliner before going elsewhere. They offered him regional with occasional runs to like Iowa or some place that way, and he stays in Alabama.

9. Brown Moose

Jul 17, 2023
    Alabama
    I was trying to find companies that do reefer hazmat loads but I could never find anything. I heard that pays really good money.

austinmike Thanks this.
  10. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Call Magnum. They are a reefer company and require hazmat. Drivers that don't have their hazmat, they pay for it depending on where you live. I looked at them some years ago and that's what the recruiter told me. If I were to leave my current company, Magnum would be toward the top of my list.

Magnum Companies – Innovation With Value

11. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I know this is dry van, but since you have hazmat, these guys are worth a look.

JNJ Express - Memphis, TN | Experience Driving Success

You'll get paid nicely for having hazmat. Plus you've already got experience amd a clean record. They're based in Memphis, and they're a really good, under the radar company. They've got nice equipment, and cover decent territory. Call them up Monday morning

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.