I was denied from a job because of my job hopping.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Brown Moose, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Bean Jr.

Bean Jr. Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I remember a few years ago, one of the ATA apologist media hacks tried to suggest the turnover wasn't really that bad. It was, he said, a minority of the drivers that fueled all that churn. I wrote to him with a link to a mega carrier's website indicating that they wanted a stable work history. To them a stable work history was no more than 3 jobs in a year!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Cross town in Memphis, there's another company that hauls a lot of hazmat. They have a good reputation too. Try Empire Express

Are You a Top Driver?

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Most of the chemical tank companies have terminals in the Atlanta area. I know for sure that QC and Dana do. Best thing to do with chemical tank companies is to go personally to their terminals and talk to the terminal manager. While their websites may say you need a year experience, the terminal manager has some leeway on who they hire. You should be able to make what you need doing a kind of local/regional work, with maybe a longer run at times.

Bud A. and 77fib77 Thank this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

People that don't look before they leap take comfort that lots of others also don't do adequate research before they make life changing decisions. You are only responsible for your job performance and your decisions. If you want above average results it takes above average research & wisdom. Excuses are much eadier than all of that.

Long FLD Thanks this.
  6. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Look up tank washes and see who parks there.

Also for adventure. Alaska teamsters was hiring a few months ago.

tscottme Thanks this.
  7. ThatGasDude

ThatGasDude Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2023

Look before you leap?That's a cute concept but it just doesn't work in real life, especially for OTR companies. These companies lie thru their teeth, drivers do too for that referral bonus. I've worked for some well reviewed companies on here and they all had their issues. You know what are some of the best companies I've worked for? The ones NOBODY TALKS ABOUT, good luck with adequate research on those.

BTW I've had mulitple jobs over the years and now have a home every day gig that pays well and I don't kill myself for it. Every time I jumped ship I improved my pay and hometime. I guess if you want to call that a failure feel free to do so.

8. thatsright

thatsright Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2022
    Yes but if he quits hes a job hopper looking for greener pastures. Warehouse jobs pay that just about everywhere. Why live in a truck for crap pay.

9. thatsright

thatsright Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2022
    Idk what a “starter” company is. Ive never worked for one. I wouldnt put up with the lies and crap for minimum wage pay. If it dont pay more than a low end job then I will just take the low end job and be home. Not living in a nasty truck stop that resembles a third world city.

Freddy57 Thanks this.
  10. Brown Moose

Brown Moose Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2023
    Alabama
    I already talked to that union. I’m on the list for next season.

11. Brown Moose

Brown Moose Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2023
    Alabama
    The chemical companies parks at the same tank wash that my current company is located at. I put in a couple applications for Dana and QC but never heard anything back.

austinmike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.