I was denied from a job because of my job hopping.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Brown Moose, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Companies have turnover, but companies also have people that have been there 10-20 years or more. Every company isn’t a good fit for every person. The problem with guys not finding a good fit for them is at times like these companies can afford to be choosy. You could have someone with a bunch of jobs that could be a good fit for your company and they’ll get passed over for someone with a more stable work history that only ends up lasting a few months.

tscottme and 77fib77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

Exactly right. Most of the good tanker outfits want at least a year of experience, some of them want even more.
    But, if you hit them at just the right time and they need drivers and you look like you're trainable and easy to get along with, you can get hired. Your first year might be kind of like you're being tested...bad runs, weird hours, the oldest trucks and all the stuff the senior guys don't want to do...they want to see if you can really handle it or not. Stay there long enough and you'll be one of the senior guys...and you'll just laugh when the rookies complain about how hard the job is.

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Yes. No research is the way most success happens. I'll change my advice to quit early, often, and
    soon he'll be making $250k. /sarcasm

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Don't just put in applications. Go to terminals in person and talk to the manager. And when you do just put in an application, wait a couple days then call and ask if they had a chance to look at it.

Bud A. and tscottme Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.