I was stopped by DOT other day in Ohio..... im curious

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by unconstitutionalDOT, May 19, 2022.

1. Trucker61016

Trucker61016 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Linville, Va
    Wow you mean you were respectful to the man just doing his job and he responded in kind?? Too bad too many Billy big riggers don't get that concept and wanna Duke it out with the man on the side of road.....it never ends well...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    He put you OOS for a tail light? Sorry, but that's a raging hard on move.

4. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    In all my encounters with LEOs over the years, I've never been disrespected. Some were straight-laced, others more genial. But never a bad experience.

5. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    It’s a OOS infraction, if he’s going to write it up it at least has to say OOS on the inspection report.
    He didn’t fine me for it, just a warning. I don’t get all bent out of shape over written warnings like others do.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  6. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
  7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Tail light out on a Trailer or bobtail Tractor is OOS criteria. Required lighting. Light out on Tractor, while hooked to a Trailer isn’t OOS criteria, but still a violation.

8. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    this made me laugh way to hard. I pictured this in my mind. LOL

9. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Rule number one never argue with the guy carrying the gun, rule number two always address him as sir , rule number 3 re-read rules 1 & 2.

10. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    I've never heard that before. Seems extreme. I see so many trailers with at least one light out regularly too.

11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Can you technically try and play lawyer? Of course you can. But I can tell you it almost never works out. Being meek, polite, and showing some basic human respect always wins out in the end. Police are humans, if you piss them off you’re gonna get a human reaction. There’s no reason to piss them off. You can win over the average officer just showing basic respect. No I don’t mean getting on the ground and licking their boot.
    Now if he asked to sit in your truck and then he started rummaging through my bags and stuff, then I might ask to speak to a supervisor or something. Because that is breaking my constitutional rights and he has no right to dig through my personal belongings. But aside from that? I’d let him do his job and be in my way.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.