I was told by my driver today that the company we are sub hauling for tried to poach him.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by M.A.TRUCKING, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    I would laugh so hard if asked to sign one of these for a crappy trucking job. Unless it was like a $150k+ a year job

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Light Load Member

M.A.Trucking, May i ask-if this driver had no experience and nobody would hire him,What makes him so valuable to you?If Swift or Western Express wouldnt hire him,why would you be concerned if the kid jumped ship?Why a contract?WTF is that gonna do or prove-what are you going to do to him if he breaks the contract?Are you already holding back a weeks paycheck?
    You are new at this-he is new at this-its a job.There is thousands of jobs out there.People split for many reasons other then money.Especially when were young.I used to be young.
    You take them under your wing,they eventually leave the nest.Tis life.
    Your contract aint gonna mean diddlysquat when he aint happy n he's discussing better opportunities at the loading dock.
    Treat the man well,pay him well,give him what he asks for(to a degree) and be happy w/yourself knowing you did all you could.
    A contract tho-c'mon man-thats ole mafia style-you dont have a contract w/your friend or your wife do you?
    And please- im not trying to piss you off-or make fun of you-i'm a owner/op w/one employee----------i'll be hiring another first of this year-
    I want to look in his or her eyes n get a firm Handshake-Thats my contract.

4. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Ya think?

To the OP; Why would you put a pi$$ed off driver in a truck? The goal is to make the driver WANT to do a good job for you. Not tear your equipment up. Think about it for a minute.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    DoubleO7 and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  5. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
  6. JReding

JReding Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2014
    Puyallup, WA
    I was trying to find out how much or how little the OP knows about the industry. I'm guessing not a lot, and has been fed a bunch of bad ideas by the boss, not knowing any better.
    We probably won't find out now, I'm pretty sure the OP won't be back.

rank Thanks this.
  7. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    You know what..... I see now that my post reads like I was replying to you but that's my bad. Everything after the first two words should've been directed to the OP. Sorry about that

JReding Thanks this.
  8. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    What the op needs is an agreement with the company he is leased with. Not to hire his employees..

driverdriver and rank Thank this.
  9. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    99% of the us is a right to work state. he can say bye at anytime for any reason or no reason at all. same as for you.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.