I went to a non accredited driving school….

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by unemployeddummy, May 23, 2023.

1. unemployeddummy

unemployeddummy Bobtail Member

May 23, 2023
    I’ve applied to 25+ local companies all of which asked for a minimum 3 months experience. Ranging from concrete mixers to dump trucks to delivery services…crickets

All the OTR companies need a certificate of completion for hire that I’ve applied for. I don’t have one.

I live in southeast Louisiana, I have only tanker endorsement, currently awaiting background check for my hazmat and twic card. I got a ticket may 2022 following to closely and hit a guys bumper, minor accident. I have felony convictions in 2008, 3 year sentence.

I’ve been with 4 companies the past 10 years, 4 years of which with 1 company.

I would greatly appreciate any help and guidance. Companies that anyone knows that will hire without a school certificate.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    You might need to hire on with one that offers training. The good news is that you'll be a step ahead of everyone else.
    I think KLLM has such a school, but I'm not sure.
    @Chinatown is going to be your best resource. Be patient for his response. It will be worth the wait.
    Good luck.

Seth0194 and born&raisedintheusa Thank this.
  4. unemployeddummy

May 23, 2023
    Thank you! I’ll look into them.

5. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    @unemployeddummy
    1)
    Perhaps you could apply to Western Express. If you do get hired on with Western Express, TRY to stay with them as long as possible to get good experience under your belt, regardless of whether or not it is OTR or LTL.
    2) Also, volunteer for any and all types of trucking: dry van, reefer, tanker, & flatbed. If you need to go out with a trainer for a spell of time, by all means, do so.
    3) If you do get on with Western Express, volunteer to stay out as long as LEGALLY possible, volunteer to take runs that other drivers choose not to drive, volunteer to work every holiday all throughout the year.

Good luck to you! God bless you and your entire family!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

The absolute sheer driving force of our national economy - without truck drivers, our entire national economy would come to an absolute standstill - if not outright be dead.
    [​IMG]
    Over the mountains, through the woods, into the valleys, coast to coast, from sea to shining sea - truck drivers can and do go anywhere and everywhere, every day, every night, all year round.

6. unemployeddummy

May 23, 2023
    Western Express isn’t hiring in my area. I spoke with them yesterday

born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  7. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    What was the felony?

8. unemployeddummy

May 23, 2023
  9. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

What was the cost of the unaccredited CDL school?

Concorde Thanks this.
  10. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Although a “minor accident” as you say, In CDL land it’s quite a serious offense. Get two of those in a 3 year period and you’ll be put on timeout for 60 days.

You’re definitely going to have a hard time finding a decent carrier to take you on. Times have changed and carriers can afford to be very picky about who they hire. Unfortunately you have 3 negatives going against you.

Not trying to beat you down but wanting you to know exactly what you’re up against.

Take whatever driving job that’s offered to you and get some experience.

11. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.