I Wonder Why My Wheel Seal Blew?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ProfessionalNoticer, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Bigtruckdrivah

Bigtruckdrivah Light Load Member

May 31, 2020
    Yea when I first looked I absolutely expected it to burn itself up. Hell it still may, I put about 100 miles on it today testing it for next week. No leaks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Your statement about the differences made me think. I just did all 4 drives. Bearings races and seals. Just finished up torquing them. All 4 exact procedure. 200lbs, 50lbs, and backed off 1/4 turn. Results with dual indicator, was 4 thousandths, 7, 9, and 11. The 11 was a real surprise. From now on I’m always going to check them with the dial indicator. Made a believer out of me.

Siinman, D.Tibbitt and rollin coal Thank this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Looking at different videos.including single nut systems. They have a new 3rd type of single nut. Called a zip nut. Looks pretty slick. Torques to 100lbs. and done. Same as the other single nuts, except it looks to be a better design. The 2 tooth clip design, relies on the socket, to compress the locks, also have to make sure they’re locked in after. The orange snap ring type needs a new snap ring anytime it’s removed. I might get those zip nuts for my steers next time around. Further research is needed meanwhile. As far as the 2nut procedure goes, Bower bearing has the best video, very detailed.

Siinman and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.