I wonder why the New Driver forum slowed down?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TruckRunner, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

What?

IMG_0669.GIF

Screw HOS! I gotta go!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Why are Old Timers so crass and mean to us noobs ?
    Is it so hard to get out in your underwear and nicely explain to us what I did wrong when I accidentally ripped the hood off of your $180,000 Peterbilt while you slept ?

We all have to learn !!!!

Dave_in_AZ and IluvCATS Thank this.
  4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    And disturbed their (federally mandated) 10 hour break.

[​IMG]

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    In my experience so far, this job is a lot like being a math student. When I took math classes, they would always shrink very quickly. Every semester, took the next class and it was the same thing. Class starts out with about 30 students. By midterm, divide that by 2. Then 3/4 divide by two again. Just in college algebra the once full class was down to about 5 people the day I took the final exam.

The same is true for what I've seen in my driving journey so far. Most never made it past the academy. They'd bomb drug tests, go out drinking and get caught, couldn't learn the clutch, couldn't pass the physical, couldn't read, got in fights or whatever. Those few of us that made it to the training truck, only about half of us made it to the end of that six weeks for different reasons. One guy's truck rolled and ended up with fractured bones. Got upset and left trucking. Few got deemed unsafe and were let go.

Been back for a few days for some R&R and I feel weird. Only been on the road for 6 weeks, but its had an effect so far.

6. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    NO, your not supposed to say anything bad about trucking. Repeat after me, Trucking is all beer and Skittles and I shalt not say otherwise!

7. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Not bad, just different. When I got back to the office I missed my road test first day because I was so used to my trainer waking me up by just hollering. "Youre up bubba!"

8. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
  9. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Because it’s snowing!

TravR1 Thanks this.
  10. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    They are getting an "OK to bypass" notification.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  11. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Jesus! He rolled the classroom truck?!? That would have shut down the school I went to, we only had three units in two locations.

One time during a pre-trip I noticed the inspections were expired, I told the instructor, he got on the phone with the boss, no classes for a week after that.

Well, heck with it, I passed. Been driving for 10 years now. I don't think it'll matter anymore.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.