ICE ROAD TRUCKING- Carlile Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by CryloZeus, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Joescheppae Q

Joescheppae Q Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Ply Mtg, PA

http://www.truckersnews.com/dave-redmon-‘ice-road’-firing-was-scripted-2/

Ice Road Trucker Dave Redmon said in an interview with Truckers News his firing from the show in the Sept. 25 episode, “The Last Dash,” was in the show’s script. “I know it doesn’t look that way on TV, obviously,” Redmon said. “They had scripted me to be the bad guy on the show, and it just scripted me to get fired,” Redmon said.
    The Riverside, Ala., native said the show cited his perceived inability to be a “team player” as its justification. “My so-called attitude and not getting along with everybody [was why]. I was doing my job and I was doing it safely, I just didn’t get along with everybody.”
    Three weeks after Redmon left Alaska due to his firing, he flew to Bolivia in April to start filming the Ice Road spinoff IRT: Deadliest Roads. The show premiered Sunday, the same night the episode aired in which Redmon is fired. However, Redmon says the season’s second episode, which will air Oct. 2, will be his last. He and Rick Yemm quit due to issues with unsafe equipment, Redmon said.
    A full story on Redmon’s Alaska firing, his brief time in Bolivia and his legal issues with the History Channel will be posted here Tuesday, Sept. 27

johnday and Tractor7127 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. giants14701

giants14701 Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Jamestown,ny
    Dave redmon is and idiot

cj8 Thanks this.
  4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    The one from FL is Greg Boadwine, Ray Valeau's main competition in the season before last.

KH

5. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

LOL, I remember watching an episode were the driver had to haul a 10 ton truck somewere. They panned over to the trailer and there was a 1 ton pickup with a dump bed on the trailer.

6. Trucker jay

Trucker jay Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Swan river Manitoba
    Watch the drivers in Alaska make me bored except when hugh and Alex were their
    I drove on the real ice road in nwt and mantioba for 15 years alaskas highway driving

7. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    those people in bolivia and himalayas will drive longer and cheaper.
    like they really need irt there yea right

8. cj8

cj8 Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2006
    There was a thread on here a few months ago and he was actually on here posting. He got his feelings hurt cause we were getting on him for how he acted on the show so he quit posting.

So he's an idiot and a cry tit.:biggrin_2553:

giants14701 Thanks this.
  9. giants14701

Mar 29, 2010
    Jamestown,ny
    Yea buddy, I was on that thread to

10. Joescheppae Q

Joescheppae Q Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Ply Mtg, PA
    If you really want to numb your brain, and I don't mean watching Fox & Friends for more than 15 seconds, have a go reading the comments on Redmon's fan page.

Just so you know what to expect: " I think Dave Redmon was one of the most honest, hardworking people on the show. If his bosses weren't so fixated on getting their egos massaged maybe they would have let the man do his job. I respect the man" - Jeremy T. Owens

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Redmon/201185846572675

11. giants14701

Mar 29, 2010
    Jamestown,ny
    It was his first year there they wanted him to take it slow and learn everything, but he was a hard headed super trucker who dident wanna listen, yet he made rookie mistakes left and right.. And couldent get along with anybody.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.