IDC,or interstate dist.co. be leary of this company

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by stingray1974, Jan 4, 2008.

1. psycho

psycho Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    texas
    Hey badman976 did superservice break away from gainey before the poop hit the fan. I used to work for gts and seen that mess acomin so i jumped ship.Now im at this so called trucking company interstate.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckerpotter

truckerpotter Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Port Townsend, Washington
    My husband and I have driven for IDC for 8 years now and have been thru house fire times 2 both fathers deaths and one mother death. I can truly say the one and only time that there was any sort of hubub was after my mother's stroke, we had problems with the fleet manager on our first trip out after IDC got us a load directly to the town my mom was in when she had her stroke. she was in idaho on vacation.

Both fathers have passed this last year and all during the chemo treatments in south dakota to the temper tantrums my father had at nursing home in port townsend washington, IDC got us load immediately to them.

We live 77 miles from closest terminal that means we bring our vehicle to IDC and park this is told to us during orientation, should not have been a surprise that you live too far away for home time in your truck, but like other driver said. get a load somewhere close.

Yes the new version of vacation pay is called service bonus and yep the taxing on it is rediculus, but its still extra money. so thanks for that.

My house caught fire 2 times in the last two years, not only did IDC get me home, they gave me loaner car to get there, I would say your fleet manager sucks

4. RoxanneRambles

RoxanneRambles Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2011
    It is common knowledge that IDC is owned by Saltchuk now. No, there's not a change in the company name or anything of the sort, but IDC is on the way back up again. Turnover rate is only at 47% ---- compared to other companies that is quite impressive---even through the hard times, the drivers have stayed here.......

123456 Thanks this.
  5. buddybaker

buddybaker Light Load Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Roxanne, I assume you work for IDC, have the New Trucks started arriving yet? Saw News Artical that they ordered 1200 New Ones through the Dealer in Portland.

6. Wingman25

Wingman25 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Michigan
    According to IDC, they"ll start to arrive this month.
    So who knows?

buddybaker Thanks this.
  7. kestrel043

kestrel043 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Ky
    I just started IDC this past week. Orientation what short, sweet, entertaining, and very informative. Their concern for drivers is evidenced in their trucks. They come with a 1700 watt power inverter and a refrigerator. I had to drive to Findlay, OH to pick up my newly assigned truck. I was stuck one day, but they told me to deadhead 330 miles home so I could p/u my gear! Already, and even at first, I'm convinced this company is better than most. There will always be something not to a persons liking, no matter what business you're in. This is one company that has immediately earned my loyalty and extra efforts.

8. psycho

psycho Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2010
    texas
    kestrel043 i probally talked to you while i was there for 5 days getting truck fixed.now im sittin in dallas waiting for a load.3 weeks now and i havent broken 1000 mile week.good luck to all but something wrong at this company.we are hiring drivers and do not have the freight.they still dont care about the drivers and all they do is put on a good show.these new trucks will probally break them.:biggrin_25526:

9. kestrel043

kestrel043 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Ky
    All I know, is that is there is good and bad in all companies, especially large ones. Even o/o's have bad days gettin freight. That one day I mentioned I was held back becuz UPS lost my drug test? I was paid 75.00 subsistance reimbursement. What company does that? So far so good. Psycho, I think things will get better. What have you done to get freight? If your FM doesn't help, how about letting him know, b4 you do, that you are gonna ask for help, higher up the ladder?:biggrin_25524:

10. truckerpotter

Jul 19, 2011
    as an IDC employee (team driver) I can say out time is very easy depending on your fleet manager. but it is one day off for every week worked. yes at one time we were told they want 3 weeks out then off but we have been with IDC for 8 years and it is simple for us we say we have a appointment to attend to or ask for home time anywhere we want it and it happens. but then we have had several really good fleet managers that treat us great. I hear there are the other kind also we havent's seen them

11. truckerpotter

Jul 19, 2011
    I truley believe that your fleet manager or driver manager what ever term they use, dispatcher, makes or breaks your job. it that person is a looser or dont give a #### about you then your miles will be bad, your view of the company will be bad, we have been very lucky in both companies we have driven for for the lat 14 years and have had fantastic driver managers, but I have heard so stories from hell from the same companies that I work for.

damonarnold816 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.