IDC Pre-Approval & solo drivers running 48 states?

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by truckergirl50, Jan 14, 2015.

1. truckergirl50

truckergirl50 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I'm considering going back over the road and considering Interstate. What got me interested was their statement that you're pre-approved prior to Orientation. I'd rather not quit a decent (obviously there are issues) local job, head to Dallas only to find out they aren't going to hire me. I don't anticpate any problems - clean MVR, I have a STA number so I know I can pass a background check, can pass a drug/hair follicle test and I can drive.

Anyone been told they were approved then sent home during orientation? For what reason?

Also, are there any solo drivers running 48 states? Their website doesn't state as much.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

talk to Patty and ask her to make sure you are completely cleared pending road/drug test... tell her what you told us..

truckergirl50 Thanks this.
  4. Sam1

Sam1 Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2012
    Only reason you'll get sent home is if you get into an accident during your road test. No one got sent home at my orientation. If you sucked at backing for what ever reason or couldn't shift all that good they take you out for a few hours to work on your shifting or backing. I'm pretty sure they will only keep you regionally unless they really need a load moved. You probably wont see west of denver or east of pa but I could be wrong. I would imagine you will run up and down the I35 and I70 alot. Every time I went out to texas I ended up getting a load out to the denver area.

truckergirl50 Thanks this.
  5. BigRigFisher324

BigRigFisher324 Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2013

Did you ever hire on with them? If so, hows it going?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.