If minimum wage goes up to 15 bucks an hour?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Oct 3, 2017.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

The purpose & result of every liberal plan is to weaken the economy & then force a fix, and then complain "no devent country would have/do X". For a liberal the worse things get the sooner The Glorious Revolution will happen. Utopia will be here someday and it should require the death of more than 2/3 of the inferior masses. Oh, and they want you to thank them for the privilege of following their orders.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danajc

Danajc Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Wage comparison by states

Attached Files:

4. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    $28 per hour to afford a 2 bedroom apartment in ny lol.

-I know allot of people that make allot less then that, myself included. I have a mortgage and own a home

Maybe in NYC but that's not the state as a whole. My wife and I both work full time but she brings home less then 400 per week after taxes because she covers health ins and she has a pension. She is in a union at a hospital.

I probably know far more people that make less then 28 bucks an hour then that do make that. That's a utopian number lol.

5. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    My mortgage is 840 bucks, but I'm working on getting a Loma letter and getting rid of flood ins that was unfairly placed on my property. Will drop my mortgage down to 715 per month, cheap when it comes down to it.

Don't need $28/hour when the mortgage is cheap enough. It's a old home built in 1895, but it's mine

6. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Yet you aren't looking at the other side of that coin.. Minimum wage has not even kept up with current inflation. It would already be $15/hr if it had. This isn't limited to just minimum wage btw, most blue collar jobs have not kept up with inflation for the last 30 years..

So if you want to talk inflation, you have to look at it from both sides..

Midnightrider909 and Danajc Thank this.
  7. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    The truckers become insolvent

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    1) yes NYC skews the average. If you cut out LA and Silcon Valley California's average would drop like a rock.

2) Average your wife and your salary together. If you make $20 an hour with no benefits, and she makes $10 an hour with benifits, and you both work 40 hours a week then your house hold is making $30 an hour. In 1970 a single income at minimum wage could support a family. Not get them ahead, but pay all the bills without resorting to welfare. Now it takes a dual income household.

Toomanybikes and Danajc Thank this.
  9. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Agreed sadly. But that will certainly expedite it

10. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    i guess to answer your interrogatory half-sentence - if min wage goes up, so does the cost...of everything. higher wages have to be compensated. it will fall on the consumer.

11. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Sadly your correct. What needs to happen is that the CEO needs to take a pay cut. Blue collar wages have not kept but CEO pay has never been higher. No one person needs to make 100 million per year when they are nothing more then a glorified manager, most of them do not own the company

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.