If minimum wage goes up to 15 bucks an hour?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    So what. We will all make more. Anybody who works in this country deserves to be able to afford food and shelter with a little bit left over. We have an economy whose sole purpose seems to be making millionaires into billionaires and screwing everybody else. Working people deserve a break.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    I agree with that to an extent.....some jobs were never supposed to support a family. If someone has a McDonald's career that's not a manager, they need to rethink their lives

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    it is called in many instances, a "contract" to work as a CEO. those contracts are sweet deals and the prospective CEO KNOWS how to get every drop out of the life blood of a company, not only including perks like a private jet sometimes even a home in a great suburban area. THEN they also work in a really sweeter deal for compensation should they retire on thier own, or are forced out of thier cushy CEO job.

i wanna see any worker, but since this IS a trucking website, i wanna see ANY trucker go into ANY company office with a contract to work there, with such sweet deals, this is what the HR dept person will do, :biggrin_2559:

5. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    CEO pay is mildly annoying, but it's hardly the most ridiculous thing in the economy. No the most ridiculous thing in the economy is the capital gains tax rate. Today almost every person in this thread pays a higher tax rate than people who own stuff for a living. That's completely disgusting. Also this whole movement to get rid of the 'death tax' which is really a tax on estates higher than 5.6M is pretty disgusting. We supposedly don't believe in having an aristocracy in this country but it sure seems to me that they want to pay 15% on their income and nothing on their massive fortune when they die. Yes I realize this is a form of double taxation, but does anyone feel bad at all for these mega wealthy kids? And why do we only complain when something gets taxed twice when it's rich people? My income gets taxed way more than two ways lol. Let's tax everything over 5.6M at 50% and after they are netting 100M at 100%. #### it. Billionares seem to want to give all their money away anyway, and most of the smart ones spend a lot of time worrying about whether the money will ruin their kids... Let's take that money and use it to pay for stuff instead of my money. My money matters a hell of a lot more to me than a similar amount of money means to them. If they want to be billionaires they should go out and earn it. Not even all that hard when you started with 100M. The worlds smallest violin is playing for them.

EDIT: I definitely believe that we could lower taxes on the middle class drastically and raise the top tax rate to 50%. It would be on incomes over 5M probably. Sorry not sorry. I'm pretty conservative about where the money goes, but this whole 'flat tax' thing is rich people propaganda. They gain the absolute most from this country because they ####ing own it. They should pay for the maintenance of the thing they own. I suspect that if the rich were paying for most of it wars would get a lot less common and the military would shrink a bunch. They also need more incentives to fix healthcare. They seem to think it's A-OK that the average middle class persons health insurance has eaten their raise every year since well before I entered the labor force.

6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i just looked this up, as per my state. here when my dad died, i had to pay my state a $50 fee for them to verify his estate. i had to bring to the lawyer, the house value, the tax records, dad's bank account.

the attorney gave me a break, since we have had him for decades, but that still cost me $250 for his services.

here, the estate tax is based on 1.5 million dollars, which my dad certainly did not have, so no tax liability for us.

this is disgusting, even in death, someone wants something!

7. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    The funeral industry and state fees are not the estate tax. And people always want something... it's the third thing nobody talks about next to death & taxes.

My stepmother spent right at 15k when my dad died between the funeral, burial, and all state stuff.

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  8. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    When I do eventually die throw my body in the woods and let it become racoon feed. I'm dead, what does it matter. I don't want my family suffering any type of financial loss. They already lost the earnings I bring into the house.

9. boredsocial

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    I'm pretty much with you. Cremate me and dump my ashes somewhere as geologically close to my money as possible. The dumpster at the bank comes to mind.

10. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    When my grandma died she was cremated, It just is more logical. People that profit off of the death of other people. Sugar coat it all you want, sick. Just like people that run this God blessed nursing homes. I have no love for them either. Someone works their entire life and if the end up in one of these rat holes, all of their assets and lifetime of work lines these ######## pockets. It's so wrong. I want my son to get what I have worked for.

11. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    communism much?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.