If only it was that easy

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by justcarhaulin, Feb 17, 2017.

1. justcarhaulin

justcarhaulin Light Load Member

Jul 20, 2015
    I was tempted to use this back up camera when unloading a car that i had on the headrack. As you know the guide lines on the screen adjust to how you are pointing the steering wheel. The thought a claim if something went wrong told me to do the easy thing and back this unit out as the same way i have done hundreds of time. Technology, sometimes drives me crazy especially all the safety features like automatic braking and the proximity chimes.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    I do like using the backup camera when I am trying to get really close to the next unit, takes all the guess work out of it. Over the last 25 years I have found a few technological advances to be very useful, backup cameras are one, but perhaps the biggest time saver for guys like me who do mostly lease returns is the remote horn button on the keys. I used to spend a lot of time looking for my cars at the dealers, now beep beep and you found it!

Terry270, passingthru69 and Hammer166 Thank this.
  4. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    Maybe I'm old school but I can not imagine loading and unloading without my head out the window lining up off the left side of the vehicle.

Colorato, sxdime, ohiobred and 2 others Thank this.
  5. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    I can't use it as well, I just cant seem to bring myself to trust it? To make matters worse some of the new Caddy suv's that I have to back on suck, because when you open the door to look back the #### thing goes into park!!!

SLANT6 and Terry270 Thank this.
  6. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Lincolns as well. First time that happened to me I was driving a MKZ on and opened the door, dang thing slammed itself into park hard enough I hit my face on the A pillar! I did learn, open the door before putting these new units into gear and it will override the automatic park.

Terry270 and ohiobred Thank this.
  7. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Yup
    BMW is the same....
    Also delivered a BMW the other day that shuts off when you stop and when you take your foot off the brake and hit the gas it restarts.
    It was kind of like driving a golf cart.
    A real barrel of laughs to load in tight quarters.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.