*If* speed limiters are required how will it affect you?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by scott180, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Trevor 57

Trevor 57 Light Load Member

Dec 7, 2021
    Victoria Australia
    Here is big-banger I photographed in the top end of Western Australia. He was carting iron ore from the mine the loading dock for export
    That truck is not listed in the link I put in, it is a double road train pulling a B-Double, so 4 trailers, 3 full length and one shorter, you can see that the 3rd trailer is shorter

[​IMG]

None of them thar polished aluminum bull-bars on these puppies, full steel, almost railway line to fend off the camels and cattle

Last edited: Aug 16, 2022
    austinmike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trevor 57

Dec 7, 2021
    Victoria Australia
    can we let bygones be bygones and move on?

Roger McG, Boondock and austinmike Thank this.
  4. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Should see it here in the winter. It’s hilarious if you’re watching from a distance. Used to be you’d have one hammer head put one off the road. Happens, one more set of trailer doors on the bushline. Lots of times they were far enough into the wilderness to be out of the way and not bother anyone until they went to recover it. Now since the speed limiters chained everybody together that hammer head takes at least 3 and possibly dozens of other trucks and a bunch of cars with him and closes the road for 10 hours. That’s on top of all the running into each other in bunches they manage without leaving the road. That closes 401 on the regular too, even in the summer.

kylefitzy and jethro712 Thank this.
  5. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    never did get them stupor truckers. justs proves the driver pool is more contaminated than ever. lol

6. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Thinking back to when the big road was cluttered with these 55 mph slugs. We just worked around them best we could. Can’t get mad at the driver, he’s just doing the same thing we are, and for the same reason…..

67286B89-F2BA-4675-B3A3-E34C8B2868B6.jpeg

Attached Files:

Nostalgic, cke, Roger McG and 4 others Thank this.
  7. kranky1

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Back then even most of them knew what they were doing. Not so much now. Pretty much all of us back then had it drilled into us to stay the #### out of the way of the faster trucks, because there were limited and unlimited, 220’s and 450’s out there and we had to keep it all sorted out. Truck drivers managed that among ourselves. It’s not going to be that kind of picture now. The missing truck driver component in that mix rules that out. The result of combining speed limiter, e-log and stupid defies description.

8. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    I can see some super truckers going 100 MPH downs hills to try to make up a couple seconds.

jethro712 Thanks this.
  9. kranky1

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    100 will be on the way through the lot on the way to the pumps. Running off hills on the highway they’ll really get them going.

Nostalgic and cke Thank this.
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I agree that there are roads that should have a higher speed limit.
    But, am I to risk my CDL by going very much above the posted speed?

I say nay, nay!
    I will plan my loads to have plenty of time - and going the speed limits - and I turn down loads that try to push me on time.

There are trucks that pass me several times a day. Speeding through construction zones, tailgating trying to push someone out of their way...
    But they pass me over and over, while I am just taking my time.
    Why is that?
    Could it be a mindset of always being in a hurry, but getting nowhere actually that much sooner?

Just today there were people going below the 55 posted in open country, but speeding through the towns.
    ?

11. Trevor 57

Dec 7, 2021
    Victoria Australia
    need to call Jamie Davis Towing :D:D:D:D

cke Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.