If u had to pick...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Rollin87, May 2, 2013.

1. Jakaby

Jakaby Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Grenada, Mississippi
    All sarcasm aside, I'm not keen on any of your choices. That being said, Knight is probably the better of the choices. The one consistant thing I have heard about knight from other drivers is to watch your money, meaning make sure you are getting reimbursed for everything. Part of that is on you. Make sure you CYA yourself with everything you send to them for reimbursement. Part of becoming good at being a truck driver is knowing how to make he system work for you. Each company's system is different from one another, and knights might be a little more complicated than others from what I hear around the campfire.

Ill work for anybody and any company. I have three rules......
    1. Don't lie to me. I'm a big boy. Don't tell me you're going to do something and not do it. Don't sugarcoat anything you need to tell me.
    2. Pay me when, and how much, you tell me you're going to pay me
    3. Don't ask me to do anything illegal, because I won't do it

With those three rules, I will work anywhere for anybody. The exception being CR England. I've been in two reportable accidents. Both were in truckstops while I was parked inside the lines, both involved CR England, and both were their fault. Maybe it's just me, but they give me the heebie-jeebies anytime I see them trying to back up close to me. It's like it's company policy for them to take "stupid pills" every morning.

Above all, remember that ANY job is what you make it to be. You will get out of it exactly what you put in it. Good luck to you with whomever you choose.

Rollin87 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rollin87

Rollin87 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    thanks for a simple answer to a simple question lol.. I asked which 1 out of the ones I listed and u gave me an answer.. Ima hard worker and understand that no company is perfect but if u keep ur expectations reasonable and do ur job any not cry then it usually works out.. Thanks again

Jakaby Thanks this.
  4. Jakaby

Jakaby Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Grenada, Mississippi
    you're welcome. Hope all of that helps. You seem to have a good attitude about it, which is important. That, and thick skin. Don't let your feelings get hurt, or some of the folks you will run across in this line of work will eat you alive. If you're sincere about wanting to work hard, coupled with reasonable expectations and controlled skepticism when it comes to people, then you can work for any company.

Just don't waste those qualities with CR England and back into me. LOL

Again, good luck to you

Rollin87 Thanks this.
  5. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL
    Just because Luckey didn't hire you doesn't mean they don't hire new drivers. They have high standards.........

I'm not disgruntled. I have been fortunate to work for 2 excellent companies that pay well and treat drivers with respect. As far as miles at Luckey currently, I wouldn't know as I haven't been there in a year or so.

Maybe if you work harder at improving yourself, you too can find the right position with a good company. I wish you luck.

6. Rollin87

Rollin87 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Improving myself? Lol.. U dont know me so how can u assume the type of person I am? Oops.. I know, the same way you assume anything else that u read and run with.. Do u have proof that knight is a bad company or do u just listen to crybabies on here? My driving record is clean, criminal history is clean, and work history is good so u can assume what u want but u really have no idea.. Get out of ur feelings man.. It's ok.. Lol.. I'm glad u say u get paid well but I'm not doing this for the money, I'm doing it for experience because money is not really an issue with me right now.. After I get a year of Otr experience then I will be hauling tankers at a company that my uncle works for and will make the same amount or more $$$ than you.. Thanks anyway for ur opinion.. Good luck :)

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.