If you don't run with a CB on......

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by notarps4me, May 28, 2008.

1. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

:biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523:Sweet one.:biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    It's sad but in today's world who are you going to trust. We're instructed not to stop because there's be alot of staged accidents that turn out to be robberies. However, if we have a CB in the truck the least we could do is ask if you're alright. I guess most people figure that with the types of communication available nowadays you would have already contacted the people you need to. But still a quick holler to see if you need someone to make a phone call would be in order. But if we didn't have a radio we would be the ones that just sail by because there's so many people out there that want 12,450 gallons of gasoline.

18wheeldumptrucker Thanks this.
  4. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

Ain't that the truth....Got any extra??:biggrin_25520:lol

5. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    You know once a driver got established with the company he could have alot of leeway when screwing up. As long as it didn't violate safety in a bad way. But steal one drop of gasoline and you're fired!

6. TLGken

TLGken Light Load Member

May 18, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    If we could get the 'super truckers' to clean up their radio manners, get all the noisy toys off the radio, and the rest of the b.s. off the radio, then more drivers might take the radio more seriosly. I do not see that happening, too many bullies and new drivers. They don't know what it was like before all the toys and gadjets.

Muleskinner Thanks this.
  7. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    i ask EVERY driver i pass on the shoulder with 4-ways on if they are OK. i get an answer maybe MAYBE one in 25

8. doubledragon5

doubledragon5 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Lewisville TX
    The next thing you will hear on the CB is drivers complaining about their trucks being turned down, by the Co to save on fuel. Ours were turned down to 60mph from 72mph. What they don't realize is that there actually burning more fuel. My truck is loosing on average 1.5 to 2 gal for every mile I drive because of this..

Muleskinner Thanks this.
  9. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    I guess if you really want to know, you need to stop, but the driver of the broke down truck needs to ask for assistance. I used to drive what appeared to be identical trucks, but one had a leaky line or rather several leaks, I ran out of fuel and had to crawl under the truck to shut one tank down so the other could get me going, I had a driver stop, and an Illinois State trooper. It took about twenty minutes, I had it about ready to go when they stopped. I never even asked for help on the CB or otherwise. I wasn't in the seat to hear anyone asking if I needed help.

I don't usually ask anymore, but I have helped other drivers out when asked.

Muleskinner Thanks this.
  10. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    I run around in a 4-wheeler,and have been known to stop for the driver alongside the road... take them back a soda or a bottle of water.. or even a sandwich at times..

But for the Grace of God, that is my driver...

Muleskinner and iowabmw Thank this.
  11. iowabmw

iowabmw Medium Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Quad Cities, IA
    My "10-meter" is on everytime my truck is driving, I coudn't begin to say how many tickets, accidents, hours waiting in traffic, etc. etc. the darn thing has saved me. I think people who don't have their CB on is asking for trouble! I would sure like to know if my trailer is on fire, or back when I was flatbedding if I broke a strap.

I recently drove from Green Bay, WI down to the Quad Cities and I asked for a bear report from Northbound all the way from Green Bay to Dubuque, IA and NEVER got a response. I left behind MANY MANY bears behind me and I hope those ###h****S got tickets! Heck it is getting harder and harder to find someone to "talk" to when you are late at night trying to stay awake..

When I hear someone talking crap, burping, etc. etc. etc. I just ingore them, if you respond you are giving them what they wanted.

ALWAYS HAVE YOUR RADIO ON, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IF YOU ARE THE ONE DRAGGING SOMETHING, OR EVEN YOUR TRAILER IS ON FIRE!!!

Muleskinner Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.