If you don't run with a CB on......

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by notarps4me, May 28, 2008.

1. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    Start that "Remember When" and reset it back to 1952 please. We can go up from there. (I remember when trailer light flicks sent different msgs in Midwest or upstae NY.)

Muleskinner Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    lol - I send morse code with my trailer flicks...nobody's said anything about it yet, so I doubt anybody's caught on.

4. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

What's the dinero on one of those things Jack? I've ALWAYS been a Galaxy man and always thought Cobras were to tinny sounding for my taste,BUT I'm subject to change too.I ain't into that retarded looking crap hanging from my ear either,but if I could run it through my CB,I'd like it.I have a friend who is into all the newest tech and he has it setup in his truck through his stereo which also has an 8" monitor that shows whose calling,dvd,mp3,butt massager and blah blah,but he has a ton of wasted cash in it and I'm not wanting to spend that kind of money.I would be interested in changing phones if I could run it through my CB without the stupid look going with it.:biggrin_2556::biggrin_25523:

5. Ken Worth

Ken Worth Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Great Plains
    Ditto. I've had a few intelligent conversations on the CB but the number of idiots babbling these days make it hard to keep it running. It's too bad they can't be shut up because you really can get a lot of useful info on there.

Muleskinner Thanks this.
  6. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    According to Cobra, lists for $189. Think I've seen it cheaper at T&A.. er.. TA

Me, not interested. If I'm driving, I'm not talking on the phone. Unlike others, I pay attention when my wife is talking... and that would be bad for the crunchies out there on the highway.

7. DJ trucker

DJ trucker Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Columbia, SC
    my cb stays on when i leave the house till i get back

8. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    And what is the deal in Memphis?? I have never heard such foul-mouthed SOB"s anywhere like that....Someone said that in reality,they are undercover cops doin a sting....Anyone know the REAL story??:biggrin_25524:

9. I leave my CB on all the time. What I do to mitigate the bovine excrement, though, is to open the squelch ALL the way. Next, I turn the RF gain down so that if I can't see you, I won't hear you. That way, if someone needs to get a hold of me, I'll hear them. I don't, however, have to know who's ready for bed and what they're wearing.:biggrin_25513: You can set the RF gain low enough that you can only hear someone running right there with you and not listen to all the other crap.

I do have some pretty good conversation with drivers, but I run on a lesser traveled highway in a not so popular freight lane. When I do get out on i-40, I get tired of hearing "I heard you, I did" after every other transmission on the radio.

10. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Road Train Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Retired in Taunton Ma
    Then there's the clown near Chicago that broadcasts the duck quacking for hrs at a time. And of course we have CB shops and truckstops doing broadcast advertisements over the CB.

It seems over 90&#37; of what comes over the CB is either obscene, juvenile or just plain noise.

It's this lack of respect for channel 19 that I have it turned off 80% of the time.[/QUOTE]

So that's what happened to him,a few years ago,that's all you would hear at the 91/95 split in New Haven Ct. I wanted to go duck hunting.

11. ShallowDOF

ShallowDOF Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Kenmore, WA
    Now that I run on the NW I eave my CB on all day and rarely hear a thing. I replaced my old failing Cobra 21 with a Sparky's Stealth Cobra 29. Now that winter is starting to show it's head I finally bypassed the factory antennas and threw a firestick on the drivers mirror, much better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.