If you don't run with a CB on......

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by notarps4me, May 28, 2008.

1. frdr

frdr Medium Load Member

Aug 25, 2007
    houston, tx.
    How about, "forty-two", after every transmission.

Or, "who dat be"?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    my cb is off only on Sundays...i have sirius sat radio and its NFL and NASCAR all day...

4. orion3814

orion3814 Medium Load Member

Dec 31, 2008
    tulsa, ok
    its ok the other day seen a bear in the cave taking pictures, it was a 55 zone tried to warn a not so swift driver what was goin on heard on the radio 2 minutes later bears after a salmon swifty got a ticket for prolly doing better part of 70 down that hill in cali thatll learn him to take his radiio out of his truck fool

5. joecitizen

joecitizen Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    so i am not the only one! lol

6. trukngrl

trukngrl Lollipop, lollipop...

Mar 7, 2009
    Manchester, Ga
    I try to keep the CB on low but there are times I get tired of hearing all the CB rambos and just have to turn it off.

CommDriver and orion3814 Thank this.
  7. TonyC

TonyC Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2010
    When I was a young lad - my father & I where traveling home from hunting pulling a popup trailer when our right front rim split & tire blew out on one PA I-80's wonderful bridges in the middle of nowhere. We had a CB - never saw a cop in over 2 hrs - we were in a valley on a turn so our CB didn't go very far- a trucker finally stopped & used his much more powerful CB to get someone to stop who had a jack to help us out.

God bless him - I hope to do the same once I am out on the road -start CDL school next week. Thanks to all the good guys out there.

8. Rerun8963

Rerun8963 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ova-hereee
    i had been doing the same thing, low volume and when some nit wit has a high powered cb and disturbs my quiet, i then turn it off till he passes on by.

yeah, cb rambo's actually make me laugh.....as i imagine a 4' 2" midget using blocks on the pedals.......like some silly comedic horror spoof movie we have all seen at one time or another.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.