If you tell me log on duty during a 5 hour unload then I'll respectfully turn down all live loads

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DAX_, Jul 16, 2018.

1. DAX_

DAX_ Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    From now on

Either that or raise detention pay to $30 an hour

Woodys, Farmerbob1, LGarrison and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    You need to log on duty!

IluvCATS Thanks this.
  4. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    My entire career I only logged 15 minutes on duty. I never had a problem. There is NO WAY as an active driver I would toss my time away like that. That 70 hours was my bread and butter.

5. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Swift wanted me to do that

6. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    You cheap bro!!

I tell them $100/hr and end up settling at $50-70/hr

Oh, and I dont log on-duty either. It's always 30 min pickup/deliver on my log.

How I do my log is my business...

Woodys and Lepton1 Thank this.
  7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    With all honesty more then 1/2 the time I was held up was while getting unloaded and them mostly at a food warehouse (I ran reefer). By the time I got the paperwork in and the lumpers paid I was in the sack sawing logs. Depending on my location I finished out a 10. In fact when unloading at a food warehouse near Richmond I asked the lumper supervisor to put my load on the bottom of the stack and most of the time he did. You new drivers that are doing a lot of live unloads listen up. Start taking notice of what is around you. If you see a store with truck parking like there used to be at the Monroe Georgia Walmart DC that is your ticket. I spent years making mental notes of these places. I even used to have a small notebook with streets close by that I could take off to to finish a 10 off. I admit these places are slowly drying up, but still keep your eyes open. You make a delivery at the Walmart DC in Marcy NY you have a great parking place about a mile away at the most. Ask the people where you are. My point is USE these resources. However like I said before I would not ever just throw away my 70 hour clock like that.

misterG, Farmerbob1, x1Heavy and 4 others Thank this.
  8. Fold_Moiler

Fold_Moiler Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Turn them down or keep doing what you want. Just don’t tell on yourself. Rules are meant to be broken.

9. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    I have only ever logged as long as it took to check in at the gate. Then I log sleeper until I am loaded/unloaded. 100% of the time for 2 years. Not once has DOT questioned how I secured and tarped a load in 5 minutes. Never.

DAX_, Woodys, stwik and 4 others Thank this.
  10. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    15 min used to be the min instruction. Because if you were not on the dock than you are relived of duty.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  11. BillStep

BillStep Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    That's crazy. Doesn't make any sense.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.