If you want to work in the oilfield

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by SavageMuffin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. SavageMuffin

SavageMuffin Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    Get your hoses covered in mud, you’ll get your workout lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SavageMuffin

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    It’s not always bad though. Some days it’s like wow I can’t believe they pay me to do this.

Being realistic in expectations helps.

I think some people hear about money this or that and see dollar signs but when they show up and have to actually work they decide against it. It happens, and honestly we don’t make it any easier ‘cause no one is out here to baby or coddle you.

I don’t mean you btw just in general.

Honestly as long as someone WANTS to work and is even in half decent shape they’ll be fine.

Tadakatsu and kee1227 Thank this.
  4. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I realize you earn that money. If it were easy. They'd have too many drivers. Could pay less.
    Wondering if it would be a good idea to have two pairs of boots. Typical rubber boots aren't good to wear much. Might give gaitors a try. Keep the mud from getting inside the top of the boot.

5. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Don't worry about rubber boots in Wyoming especially with hauling water. You might see some muck every few weeks, if that in the summer. Just get a decent pair of waterproof boots. I prefer Keen

Tadakatsu and WesternPlains Thank this.
  6. SavageMuffin

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    Definitely waterproof. I only brought up rubber in the event money may be tight for someone making a move to work.

I like baffins in the winter if I’m actually working outside.

This last winter driving though I just used my plain Jane leather steel toes. Same ones in the pic.

Whatever you do, take care of your feet.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  7. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    When I went to buy boots. Saw this coat there. Have always liked these. Look like great, nasty weather coats. Wyoming has so much nasty weather. So dummy me tried it on. Oh my gawdy! It was so nice and comfy! Fell in love with it. This is strictly for off work. This is what I bought. This Oil skin is much more refined than Filson's. Has leather collar and elbow pads. Did I say it's comfy? Oh so comfy!
    Long Australian Riding Coat, Waterproof Oilcloth Duster Kakadu 3 in 1 Converts to 3/4 Coat

Tadakatsu Thanks this.
  8. SavageMuffin

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    That’s a hell of a coat

9. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Yeah, you'll have to wear fire retardant clothes. The days of pulling pits wearing flip flops and shorts is over

10. SavageMuffin

Jan 11, 2018
    MS
    I wear a nice thick jacket over a hoodie and also a face mask

11. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    I would like to find a good pair of insulated, safety toe, water proof. I have a pair of 1200 grm insulation boots I used for trash here. That is enough insulation. Have a pair of pac boots. Have never worn them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.