IFTA Stickers

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Bassman34, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Bassman34

Bassman34 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2024
    I just started a new authority and is currently in the process of completing everything needed to start operation. I have everything completed for the most part including my insurance so now i have to get my IRP plates and IFTA stickers. I wanted to ask will i be issued my IFTA stickers once i get my IRP tags or is that a different process? if so i need pointers on how and what to do to obtain those. All help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    Ifta and irp are separate filings.
    You get both from the state your based out of.
    Wisconsin has Ifta and Irp on same website.

86scotty, TX2Day and flood Thank this.
  4. Bassman34

Bassman34 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2024
    Ok. Thank you for that info. do i need to have the IRP done first or it doesn't matter the order which its done?

5. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    The MVC office in Trenton that handles all commercial vehicles has the windows side by side and a lot of space to fill out the forms. You would see 'new' guys being shown what to fill out and bring back X 2.

Most places have a lot of it on line now and handling an IFTA account is much easier when doing your quarterly returns.

The old paper returns might be corrected by the state and you would always be chasing the credits owed but on line eliminated all that.

6. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Depends on your state....I know it was 2 weeks before I got my IFTA stickers after getting my IRP....

86scotty Thanks this.
  7. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I did mine so long ago. I don't remember. I don't think it matters.

8. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Call your state. They will tell you how to go about it. It's a lot to take in, everything you have to do when you first set up. My state, TN, told me to go to that office in person to set everything up. It took a few hours. I had to talk to several offices that day. They had truck parking.

I literally left there and booked my first load with wonderful TQL from their parking lot and headed off to run it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.