Illinois photo van

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Iemontel, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I have heard these "photo" type citations don't actually hit the driving records. I can't confirm this to be true. I got one once for a red light! Never hit my DMV!

GoneButNotForgotten Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GoneButNotForgotten

GoneButNotForgotten Heavy Load Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Roxboro, N.C.
    Yep, you are correct. Many of these camera scams were actually ran by private companies that had a contract with the city/county. So what a lot of jurisdictions did was make the violation a civil penalty (just send us the money), not a criminal one.

tommymonza Thanks this.
  4. Iemontel

Iemontel Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2020
    Might depend on the state you have you’re. Cdl

5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    eye kan reed two....!!!

whyt uou neak two no..????

Iemontel Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    that's cuz like in my area, it is a "civil offense"..pay the fine, if i recall $85.00, and it's a done deal.

7. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    and don't you think the owner of the truck is gonna be calling that driver into the office..???

i'll bet dollars to donuts, the owner makes the driver pay the fine back to the owner.

8. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Totally off the subject, but I used to hate going through those automatic toll collection areas on the Oklahoma Turnpike. For some reason, my carrier would not place the transponders on our trucks. About once or twice a month I had to go east on US 412 and that last toll booth was automated. I had no way to get a receipt so I always just ran it. One day when in safety the girl that paid all these things when the company got billed was telling me to forget it, I was not the only one that ran that toll plaza.

I once got lost on Beltway 8 in Houston. No cash whatsoever on me. The toll was not much, but still, I did not have it. The girl taking the money just waved me through, said they would bill my company! What makes this story so interesting is that day I forgot to get the tag # off the trailer before I dropped it. I was going to pay the toll later and to my amusement discovered I could not do so without that tag #. A call to the company permit dept was all I had to do. If my memory serves me, I paid $2 bucks!

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Of that I have no doubt, but it doesn't go on your driving record.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    It can't because as opposed to a hand written citation from an LEO there was no proof of who was actually driving. That's why camera fines are relatively low. It isn't worth taking the time off work to go to court to fight it.

11. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    I got a red light camera ticket from Hannibal MO (may that entire town burn in Hell) awhile back. The ticket was $130 ish if I remember correctly. I emailed the prosecutor to get it reduced to a non-moving violation and she was happy to reduce it to a parking ticket, but more than doubled the amount of the ticket. With the court costs I ended up paying over $400.

Quite the racket they have going on there!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.